*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/637619-the-Medicine-Wheel
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1211684
My blog--I pull a card--if it doesn't speak to me...perhaps it is for you?
#637619 added February 25, 2009 at 1:27pm
Restrictions: None
the Medicine Wheel
I took an extra vacation day from work---and the last day off before I return---I have a nasty little head cold. Interesting that I pulled the medicine wheel---need good juju and medicine---and the slippery elm bark that's the plant associated with this card.

This is the 10th card of the Tarot---more commonly known as the wheel of fortune---the title of my blog!

As it is the 1st day of Lent, I also see the symbolism of the turning wheel, the start of a pilgrimage, a journey through these 40 days of Lent culminating in the defining moment of Christianity---Christ's resurrection.

To honor the Lenten season over the past few years---I've used it as a time to abstain from foods I overinduge in and find hard to resist---breads and sweets. This year instead of a particular abstinence I'm going to instead make a committment to begin my exercise program again--daily for the next 40 days. I do the most simplest version of Oxycise---but have been away from the program for some time. I need the exercise and deep breathing now to help my post-fracture hand to heal and to generally begin feeling better. Also, at the end of March my employer is beginning a corporate-wide weight-loss challenge and I've signed up to participate.

I'm also planning to begin incorporating water aerobics into my exercise regime.

We'll see as we travel the ever-turning wheel....

© Copyright 2009 ridinghhood-p.boutilier (UN: ridinghhood at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ridinghhood-p.boutilier has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/637619-the-Medicine-Wheel