*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/640941-Game-Five
Rated: E · Book · Activity · #1535033
This is a collection of my experiences playing basketball
#640941 added March 17, 2009 at 7:35pm
Restrictions: None
Game Five
Absolutely Hoopless
Game 5

Basketball was a riot. Everyone keeps telling me they’re so happy to see me each week. I guess they get newbies from time-to-time who show up once and then they never hear from them again. I don’t know. Everyone insists I’m doing well. I got many chances to make a basket last night, but I missed every time. However, my aim is getting better and Vicky, our ‘coach’ gave me some pointers on where and how to move on the court during a game. I practiced those techniques and was amazed that I was actually able to put them into play. With time, I can see how I might get good at this game. Everyone is very encouraging. They tell me everyone starts out the way I am and that it just takes time. Vicky invited me to play in the big competition coming up in June. She told me to keep my schedule open. The games are all during the morning hours, however, so I’d have to plan my life around them. June is so far off, I’m not making any promises yet.
© Copyright 2009 Pony Tale (UN: ponita at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pony Tale has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/640941-Game-Five