*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/643175-Game-6-MEAN-AND-MELLOW-BASKET
Rated: E · Book · Activity · #1535033
This is a collection of my experiences playing basketball
#643175 added March 31, 2009 at 7:08pm
Restrictions: None
Game 6 MEAN AND MELLOW BASKET
MEAN AND MELLOW BASKET
Game 6

During last night’s game, I played basketball better than I have ever played it before. I kept myself open so the ball could be passed easily to me, and managed to position myself around the basket, so when I did get the ball, I was able to make a productive shot. This strategy paid off time and time again. The more I played, the more I was able to knock the ball out the opponent’s hands, and was even able to grab the ball a few times on the rebound. It was this sort of play that enabled me to get the shot of my career last night! As the ball bounced off the fingertips of the players standing in front of me, I was there to retrieve it just at the most prestigious moment. I grabbed the ball before it could get away, aimed at the basket, and in a few short seconds, managed to score! Everyone cheered. Even some of our opponents! That play gave me more confidence than ever. I went home walking on clouds. It seems I’ve been improving week after week, and even after having to miss last week, I was able to pick up as before as though I hadn’t been away. Norm was there to witness my play! It was awesome!

Basketball is a game that you can throw all your cares out the window to play. There’s just nothing else on your mental plate to concern you except where to stand, aiming at the basket, watching your opponent and second-guessing their movements, and running, running, running! There’s no room for anything else. By the time the game is over, you might be physically spent, but you’re now ready to face the rest of the day with a clean plate.




© Copyright 2009 Pony Tale (UN: ponita at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pony Tale has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/643175-Game-6-MEAN-AND-MELLOW-BASKET