*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/642704-Scrabble---According-to-Ron
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1302157
My blogging here
#642704 added March 29, 2009 at 2:34am
Restrictions: None
Scrabble - According to Ron
Ron and I play scrabble an awful lot. We try to get in at-least two games a day. That's when we aren't playing chess, anyways. Lately, it has been scrabble everyday after dinner. We played chess during the two months that the snow hung around. So, now it's back to scrabble.

It used to be that I could beat him most of the time. Not anymore. Not since he figured out how to get all the bonus words. He's even really good at getting three or four words out of a few letters now. We play with nine tiles(letters). Usually, all of his bonus words(seven letter words) are all spelled out correctly.

Today was different. We struggled through the first game. We both ended up dumping our letters and losing our turns until we could come up with some decent words. Nothing outstanding, was all either of us could accomplish throughout the first game. It just so happened that I beat him by the skin of my teeth, however, neither of us could score a 300 game.

The next game was a slow starter...but he got the jump on me. He was beginning to get his bonus words. Not as many as he normally does though. We were almost to the end of the second game as he spelled out another one of his bonus words -
VIRTUARY.

Ahhh...wait a minute.*Rolleyes*

He looked at me and said "Look it up." "It's in Ronald Webster's Dictionary."

At that point we looked at each other and roared with laughter!*Laugh*

He did end up winning the second game in-spite of his misspelled word.*Bigsmile*











My Bikers Sig gifted to me from Sultry Enchantress


© Copyright 2009 ShiShad (UN: shishad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ShiShad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/642704-Scrabble---According-to-Ron