*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/642994-Our-vacation
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1302157
My blogging here
#642994 added March 31, 2009 at 3:01am
Restrictions: None
Our vacation
We leave for our vacation to visit Ron's brother Roger and wife Judy in California in just seventeen days! We are both getting excited preparing for our trip. We spend the night in a motel across from Sea-Tac Airport on the 16 th. Then fly to San Diego early the next morning, Friday, April 17 then return on Tuesday, April 21.
We are really looking forward to this trip. Just the fact that we were snowed in for so long and soon we will be in sunny Southern California is enough to make us ecstatic!*Laugh* Even in-spite of the fact that we have not got a whole lot in common with them(except for the fact that Ron and Roger are brothers). I have only met with them on three occasions within the past eight years.

This I know for sure though, they are a delightful congenial couple and so very generous to have us stay at their home for three or four days. I suggested to Ron that perhaps we should spend our last night down there in a hotel or motel. After all three days is pretty much the limit on house guests don't you think? But, then Ron says that they want us to stay there and that they have plenty of room for us.*Delight*

Roger is Ron's older brother. Patricia -~Windsong~ is the oldest, then Roger, Ron, and Ann(the youngest sister). Roger is quite the entrepreneur. He has owned his own prosperous business for years now. He just recently had another big beautiful home built in upstate New York. They sold a home in Orange County a couple of years ago and bought this one in San Diego. It was a smart move for them. The fires had come within a few blocks from the home they sold.

Sis, Pat~Windsong~ has sent me a package filled with all kinds of "little goodies" for my trip. She is very sweet and thoughtful to do that. Amongst the items she sent is a beautiful blue glass beaded necklace! I just might wear it with my white ribbed tank and a pair of new blue tropical capri's that I bought for this trip. I'm, also, taking my new bathing suit(which I bought a year ago and haven't even worn yet) with me because they have a big pool. Woo Hoo! I've been trying to lose some weight so that it looks good on me.*Bigsmile* If not, then I'll just wear the old one. We'll see how that goes. Way too much popcorn all winter didn't help any.

Well, we haven't the faintest idea yet what we are all going to do when we get down there...Roger and Judy are in Washington D.C. at the moment visiting family there. I'm hoping we get to go to the San Diego Zoo during our stay. Our doctor tells us to be sure and visit Coronado Island (I think that's how it's spelled)...I really don't feature taking a ferry ride as I do that all the time up here!

Anyways, we are soon bound for California and fun in the sun.

Here is a picture of Roger and Judy(taken in New York)
and some of their place in California.

** Image ID #1544595 Unavailable **

** Image ID #1544590 Unavailable **

** Image ID #1544586 Unavailable **


I can hardly wait..*Bigsmile*










My Bikers Sig gifted to me from Sultry Enchantress


© Copyright 2009 ShiShad (UN: shishad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ShiShad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/642994-Our-vacation