*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/645808-Im-too-old-to-go-without-lunch
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#645808 added April 18, 2009 at 4:53pm
Restrictions: None
I’m too old to go without lunch
Jalál (Glory), 10 Jalál (Glory), 166 BE – Saturday, April 18, 2009 about 1:50 PM Pacific Time

I’m too old to go without lunch, when I was younger skipping a meal didn’t seem to have any affect on me. However, at 62 a meal skipped means I get tired early then usual. I found this out yesterday after Mom and I came home from seeing her doctors.

At 9:20 AM, we went to see the retinal specialist for her macular degeneration evaluation. We were in his office from 9:15 AM to 11:05 AM while Mom went through tests to see what type of Age Related Macular Degeneration Mom has. The doctor said he didn’t see any recent bleeding in the eye or under the retina, so he gave her some vitamins for her eyes and sent her back to her regular eye doctor. I gave her the first vitamin this morning and have enough samples for today and tomorrow, then I’m going to have to get more next week.

After we left that doctor, we went to Mom’s regular doctor. The appointment was for 11:10 AM and we arrived at 11:15 AM, apparently, it takes more then five minutes to drive from the retinal specialist on South Maryland Parkway to her doctor’s office on South Eastern Ave. Anyway, we got into see her doctor about 11:30 AM for her EKG, then went across the hall for the blood tests and chest x-rays. Fortunately, the blood tests and chest x-rays didn’t cast any money out of pocket or bank at the time. We owe the doctor office a co-pay of $10.00 plus another $10.00 from earlier this year. I’ll have to go in and pay those as soon as possible.

I couldn’t pay them anything though because my bank account was all ready over-drafted by $50.00 because of the tests Mom had at the retinal specialist. Fortunately, when we got home about 2:05 PM there were two $50.00 checks waiting for us. We ate something before going to the bank. I had to eat something because my ulcer was giving me fits because I hadn’t eaten lunch. From now on I’m going to have to take a peanut butter sandwich with me when we make doctors’ appointments close together. I went to be early because I was just too tired to stay up and focus on anything except being tired.

© Copyright 2009 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/645808-Im-too-old-to-go-without-lunch