*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/645926-I-heard-a-nightingale-again-this-morning
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#645926 added April 19, 2009 at 5:14pm
Restrictions: None
I heard a nightingale again this morning
Jamál (Beauty), 11 Jalál (Glory), 166 BE – Sunday, April 19, 2009 about 1:54 PM Pacific Time

I heard a nightingale again this morning when I went out to pick up the Sunday paper. I have heard a nightingale sing several times in March and April. I don't know which tree the birds are nesting in, they could be in the stone pine trees in my front yard or in the neighbor's oak tree. There is, however, at least one pair of nightingales in the neighborhood.

I don't hear the male singing every morning, perhaps because I don't get out early enough to hear him. He sings in the morning sometime between dawn and noon. Normally I hear him on a Saturday or Sunday, but sometimes I hear him sing during the week. It's a pleasant sound; it's a spiritual sound.

I enjoy hearing him on Sunday because I can stand in the driveway and listen without worrying about the time and where I have to be later that day. Hearing a nightingale sing on Sunday begins the week off nicely. It's almost like he's an omen telling me not to worry because the week will turn out all right.

I don't believe in omens, at least I don't believe in bad omens. Good omens are a different story all together. I know when people think of omens, they think of an indication of something bad to happen. However, bad things happen all the time so I don't believe you can say this thing or that thing foretold it. What people need to do is look for the good that happening along with the bad.

We can see the bad thing happening right in front of us, but we often don't bother to look to the right, the left or behind us to see the good thing that is happening. Instead of focusing on the bad we need to focus on the good. If a nightingale singing on Sunday helps me to look for the good during the week, then I hope I hear a nightingale sing every Sunday morning.

© Copyright 2009 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/645926-I-heard-a-nightingale-again-this-morning