*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/646592-You-can-complain-about-the-weather-all-you-want
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#646592 added April 23, 2009 at 4:04pm
Restrictions: None
You can complain about the weather all you want
This is my response to "Invalid Item prompt for Wednesday, April 22, 2009: What's your opinion of complaining? Does it help get frustration out? Does it annoy you? Is it useful, or a waste of breath?


A person can complain about the weather or anything else all he or she likes, but I doubt that it does much good. A written complaint is more likely to receive a response then a verbal complaint, but complaining itself doesn’t do a lot of good.

I don’t think complaining helps get frustration out either. I have found, from personal experience, that the only thing complaining does is make the situation worse and cause more frustration. I you can do something about the problem, do it and don’t complain. If there is nothing you can do about the problem except complain, then get in the car and go to the nearest ice cream pallor or coffee shop. Order a large dish of chocolate ice cream and chocolate coffee, then spend the next hour writing poetry and eating chocolate. This is a much better option then complaining.

If you have to complain, then put your complaint in writing and be specific about what you are complaining about don’t just say all the people you encountered were bastards. Mention specifically what you encountered because a written complaint with specific issues mentioned is more likely to get a response and results then just talking about the problem and making yourself unhappy and frustrated.

So don’t waste your breath complaining, instead set down and write a letter. Write a letter to the editor, write a letter to the CEO, write a letter to the president of the company or country, write a letter in you personal journal, etc. Writing is a better method of airing frustration and verbally complaining, but you have to be specific what you are frustrated about and why you are upset, especially if you send the letter to a government agency or business.

© Copyright 2009 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/646592-You-can-complain-about-the-weather-all-you-want