*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/646798-I-met-Shakespeare-Once
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#646798 added April 24, 2009 at 11:48pm
Restrictions: None
I met Shakespeare Once
This is my response to "Invalid Item prompt for Thursday, April 23, 2009: Today is the day traditionally celebrated as Shakespeare's birthday, though no one knows the exact date. Discuss anything Shakespeare, old English, or theatre related..


Actually it wasn’t William Shakespeare I met, but a descendant of one of his cousins or uncles. I was working at the Community College of Southern Nevada and one of the students who came into the computer lab had the last name of Shakespeare. I ask him if he was related to the Bard.

I thought it was interesting that the man was a distant cousin of William Shakespeare because the student was taking an English class and studying the works of William Shakespeare. Mr. Shakespeare (I forget the guys first name, but it wasn’t William, Bill or Willy) was studying the poems William Shakespeare.

I like the sonnets of Shakespeare (the Bard) I don’t know if his distant cousin wrote poems or sonnets. As I said, I like reading William Shakespeare’s poetry, I’m not crazy about reading the plays because I would much rather attend a performance of a Shakespeare play rather then read it.

Reading play, even one by William Shakespeare, is boring. I don’t care that much for stage directions. I’m only interested in the action of the play and the interaction between the characters and actors. So reading a play doesn’t do a lot for me.

I wonder if William Shakespeare would have a blog.

© Copyright 2009 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/646798-I-met-Shakespeare-Once