*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/647451-The-cloths-dryer-went-out
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#647451 added April 29, 2009 at 5:06pm
Restrictions: None
The cloths dryer went out
‘Idál (Justice), 2 Jamál (Beauty), 166 BE – Wednesday, April 29, 2009 about 1:47 PM Pacific Time

The cloths dryer went out yesterday. Actually, the dryer still runs it just doesn't dry cloths. Now I have to decide is it worth calling somebody in and paying $55.00 just to find out I'm right about the heating element not working. Is it better in the long run, to buy a new dryer or to have this one fixed?

I or perhaps I should say we, after all Mom is involved in the decision to, need a new refrigerator. The fridge looses cold air out the door, but at least it works. True, it runs all the time and probably makes the power bill higher, but it freezes ice and it keeps foods cold. I can let leftovers remain very long, but leftovers should be finished after a couple of days.

I do have a prepaid credit card with about $500.00 on it, which probably won't get either a dryer or fridge. It will buy printer cartridges, light bulbs, a cloths line and other items needed around the house. The light bulb in the kitchen burned out today, so I'm not going to be doing dishes or washing cloths in the middle of the night, at least, until Friday afternoon when I have a chance to get to the stores where I can use the card.

Mom has an appointment on Thursday, April 30, at Desert Springs hospital for outpatient surgery. She is having a blocked tear duct opened. Then on Friday, she has a post surgery appointment with doctor to check on the surgery. I'm going to have to remain with her all day Thursday and Friday, I don't know about Saturday. I'll see what happens Friday after we see the doctor.

© Copyright 2009 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/647451-The-cloths-dryer-went-out