*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/648919-As-the-Favre-Pendulum-Swings
Rated: E · Book · Sports · #1369759
Yoyo Brett Favre and his re-re-return to football...now last shot at glory corrupted?
#648919 added February 10, 2010 at 8:15pm
Restrictions: None
As the Favre Pendulum Swings...
The media is jumping back and forth with each new report of the 'will he or won't he' return to football dance. The latest news is what should have been the main focus from the outset. Favre cannot recover from his latest injury to play this season. A link on that... http://www.jsonline.com/sports/44627277.html

You have to muddle half way through the article to get to the part buried in this story that should be the lead...

"But there is a palpable fear around Favre that there is a more serious injury to the shoulder. One source said, 'If you put your finger in (Favre's) shoulder it goes right through. That's not a good sign. There's a reason why he hasn't picked up a football yet.'

The fear, according to two sources, is that one of three other injuries will be found: additional damage to the rotator cuff; that the biceps tendon has come out of its groove possibly by a rupture in the sheath that surrounds it; or that there is cartilage damage in the shoulder.

Any of the three would likely end Favre's latest comeback attempt."


Of course, considering all the reporting that hasn't amounted to a hill of beans on this subject yet, we still remain in the dark as the speculative sources continue to clutter the airwaves with unsubstantiated fodder. But, makes for great water cooler talk in the meantime, right? Something to print.

There is a lot of judgment on bad or partial information and the pundits are too quick to call Favre a liar or a yo-yo or whatever. Everyone wants to blame him for the conundrum that he faces, while he's spoken very little to the media. And it very well may be the unequivocable 'No' he texted to Trent Dilfer at ESPN just a week ago. But when more reports surfaced that he might become a Minnesota Viking, everyone just assumed he changed his mind again.

Perhaps, there are those who want him to play and are trying to ascertain how serious his injury is. Maybe, they think there is a way to get him back on the field. But, it would seem he's made up his mind even though others like NFL types like the Vikings and the media haven't given up on his retirement.

Unless there is a miracle cure for his arm injury, he's done. I'm sure if his arm were functional, he might have the desire to play again. Given the situation in Minnesota, maybe they figure he could just hand the ball off to Adrian Peterson, and the threat that he might throw the ball would be good enough to keep defenses honest.

Until they plaster those x-rays all over the internet, no one is going to be satisfied that he's finally done. Those who keep the story alive are just looking for another payday...but I guarantee it's not Favre.


© Copyright 2010 He’s Brian K Compton (UN: ripglaedr3 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
He’s Brian K Compton has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/648919-As-the-Favre-Pendulum-Swings