*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/649090-Runners-High
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#649090 added May 10, 2009 at 6:21pm
Restrictions: None
Runner's High
This is my response to "Invalid Entry for Friday, May 8, 2009 in the "Follow the Leader.


I want to feel a runner’s high
I want to jump up and touch the sky
I want to live to be one hundred and five

Perhaps I should start training for the 5 K or something to get me moving. I need to work up to moderate exercise or at least be able to take a brisk walk from my front door down my driveway and back again.

I know I need to get more exercise because I’ve scared myself several times over the past few months by running out of breath when I know I should be able to walk briskly from my car to the bank entrance, not that I go to the bank very often. I do most of my banking online; I usually use a debit card when I go to the grocery store, the pharmacy, or the doctor’s office.

There are some places I still use cash. Normally, I pay cash for gas simply because the self-service station I use charges $0.45 if I use a debit card. I don’t use a debit card at places which charge me to pay with my own money. When I use an ATM, I use my bank’s ATM because they don’t charge me.

Still, I should be able to walk briskly from my car and into the bank without running out of breath. I need to get more exercise and, even if I had a jogging machine, I wouldn’t use it. I know I wouldn’t use a jogging machine at a gym. It just seems like a waste of time to get on a machine, run and get off the machine in the same place you got on.

I’d probably walk around the block, especially since running on the sidewalks in my neighborhood isn’t safe. The sidewalks are uneven and if you’re running you’re probably going to stumble on the cement and fall. So running in my neighborhood is out of the question.


© Copyright 2009 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/649090-Runners-High