*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/649763-Woots-Wings-Win
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1364628
My blog of fun, love, frustrations and me.
#649763 added May 14, 2009 at 11:07pm
Restrictions: None
Woots Wings Win
OH HAPPY DAY!!! Going to the conference finals against Chicago - two of the original six battling it out for a chance to make it to the finals and hoist Lord Stanley. Gotta love it.

Tonight's game - incredible. Best moment - When Darren Helm came off the bench, picked up the puck at center ice, got the haul ass breakaway, he shoots, he scores, putting Detroit up by two. Awesome. T loves a good breakaway. And omg there was a nice shot of Stevie Y up in the box, sporting a suit. Good Gawd, I still want to see his #19 in the red and white, flying around defenders toward the net. Ah, Silk, why'd ya have to retire? Sigh. I digress. When the Ducks tied it up I was ready to rip my hair out. But since I have nice hair...lmao, just kidding. My kids kept coming into the living room to see what was wrong, since T was rather loud. Hey, it's game 7. The absolute worst for me is all the lame asses at the Joe who fork over good money for tickets, and become silent. Yo people. MAKE SOME NOISE. I'm sure half the neighborhood heard me tonight. No shame in that. I like good hockey games, and game 7's, nothing better.

I found an engine. Not too shabby for just over 1k. On the Zak driving front. Today....hmmm, how shall I put this? Well, I'd say if he'd been going 5mph faster, he would've flipped the truck, and that ain't no joke. He took the turn onto Telegraph like a bat outta hell, tires squealing, came close to going up onto the median. It wasn't so bad after that little adventure was out of the way. Chalk it up to a learning experience. Do not take any turn at 40mph. *Laugh* Funniest thing was after we picked Danny up from school and were pulling into the driveway, Zak says, "You know what scared me the most? That guy that slammed on his brakes and his tires were screaming." Are you kidding me? My poor child. I had to explain that the screaming tires were coming from one BMW X5, the one he was driving. That boy was totally shocked.

On the work front, 4 Chrysler dealerships, ones that we rely on for parts are closing. Damn this recession is kicking Michigan's booty. Where's the help? Not sure how much longer this state can hang on. Damn sad I tell ya.
The flowers hubby got me for Mother's Day are still looking awesome. That's a bonus!

Got a bit too much sun today, but I don't mind. I am too pale and will continue my daily afternoon date with said sun until I am satisfied with the bronze.

Danny will be walking in the Memorial Day Parade for the first time in middle school. We are usually up north, but since we have a yard to tackle before heading overseas, we are staying home. His back is sore from practice. Mr. Time Keeper has to lug the heavy bass. I know he'll be dyin once it's over, so I'll have to come up with something special for him. Maybe a trip to Dairy Queen or something. Gawd could I resist such a temptation? hmmm..

Speaking of which. I lost 5lbs in 4 days. How? Beats the, er, yeah, well I don't know, don't care, as long as it keeps happening. *Bigsmile*

Saturday is my soon to be SIL's wedding shower. Hate to miss the wedding, but it can't be helped. I so need to get working on the poem I am writing especially for Kelly and Mike. I sent them a questionaire so I could get some inside info, help me come up with something personal and not generic. Tis a shame they haven't responded. Must mention that come Saturday. Poetry and I have issues, like it's way too difficult for me to knock something out in short order. So I'm hoping to at least work on it for a few weeks, if not more. Has to be perfect for the bride and groom. They are too adorable.

Maybe tomorrow I'll try and tackle that damn Query again. ~shivers~ just the thought.....

MAXINE SAYS

The only thing I'm growing this spring is older and more irritable. --- Hmm, so brave of her to admit that!

guess that it's for tonight. Songs - yeah, I've got nothing at the moment. Unless of course Jerry is on youtube. OMG, Mom, check out Jerry. Lead singer, my cousin Julie's hubby. Guess I kinda forgot to pass that little tidbit of info onto my kids. My bad. LMAO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lN7SbYc72f4

LIVE ~ LAUGH ~ LOVE *Heart*

© Copyright 2009 Purple Celebrates (UN: purpleprincess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Purple Celebrates has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/649763-Woots-Wings-Win