*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/650854-Tonights-movie---A-tribute-to-Memorial-Day-Weekend
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1302157
My blogging here
#650854 added May 21, 2009 at 3:21pm
Restrictions: None
Tonight's movie - A tribute to Memorial Day Weekend
We watch a movie or an episode from a DVD TV series practically every night.

Tonight we watched a sad but well done movie called "Taking Chance." For those of you who aren't familiar with this one, it stars Kevin Bacon as a Marine colonel who volunteers to be an escort to the remains of a young lance corporal killed in action while serving his country in Iraq. It is his duty to make sure that the fallen soldier is delivered to family members in Wyoming. Kevin Bacon does a fine job of acting in the role of the Marine officer. The storyline follows all procedures that are taken to ready the young man's remains for burial. I'll not go into details and spoil it for you...but if you want to see a true to life account of the actions taken when a casualty of war 'comes home' I suggest you see this movie. It will make you cry...and it will make you proud.

I guess it just touched a soft spot with me because I have two nephews who are Marines. They are brothers. One is a lieutenant colonel the other is a staff sergeant. They are my sister Ellie's two boys. Her only boys, I might add. We are all very proud of them and love them very dearly. Both of them are home with their loved ones at the moment...but it won't be long and they will be getting their orders again.

** Image ID #1546233 Unavailable **


© Copyright 2009 ShiShad (UN: shishad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ShiShad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/650854-Tonights-movie---A-tribute-to-Memorial-Day-Weekend