*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/651629-Memorial-Day
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1364628
My blog of fun, love, frustrations and me.
#651629 added May 25, 2009 at 11:11pm
Restrictions: None
Memorial Day
Got up at 7 so I could get Danny off in time to head to the parade. Lazed around on the net til it was time for us to head there ourselves and pick a spot along Michigan Avenue. Really surprised how close we were able to park, especially since we arrived ten minutes after the parade started. Hubby has some skills. *Wink* Got some awesome shots of the planes flying over head, doing different formations. And then, along came Danny, my sweet baby carrying the bass drum, in the middle of a throng of middle schoolers. When he sees us, you'd think we'd get a smile, or a nod, but nope. Not us. Not the family that cares for that child. We get him vigorously shaking his head NO - back and forth. I knew exaclty what he meant. No Mom, do not take any pictures of me. No Dad, put away Zak's video camera. Do not call out my name. Please put your arms down and stop waving and calling any attention to me. Hmm, let's see here. He's been in band since 4th grade. We miss every parade because we are up north for this holiday, so this is our first time to go and see him march. So yo, my boy. Too bad, soo sad. And if you think this was bad, just wait until your promotion ceremony from middle school come June 12th. ~~~theresa plots to really embarrass the sweet yungin~~~

Hubby and I went to the mall. Still in search of gift items for the fam overseas. But, I did find a purse. Finally I am so tired of the style that's been out for the last few years. Seriously, I have enough crap to carry around, adding a purse that weighs a ton to the mix is just asinine. So we plodded through the mall, and I saw the Guess store. I will admit that I do love the purse hubby bought me for Christmas, so peeking inside the store couldn't hurt any. And oh yeah, they had TONS of purses with long straps. OMG! Tis a fargin miracle I tell ya. A few pretty purple gems, and I would have picked one of them. But, one had the short straps that will not go over my shoulder, and the other was practically a suitcase, and way too big to be hauling around all over town. So I found this kewl one ~ but couldn't figure out just what color it was. Bone - Gold - Silver. I asked the sales chick, and she couldn't tell me either, so I picked black, it does go with everything *Laugh* I swear it was better than the gawd awful green thing.

After that, hubby and I came home to try out the new chairs we bought. Oh yeah, got a kewl tanning chair, cheaper than what hubby originally wanted, but we need to watch our spending before we take off. So we lounged for about two hours, and damn it, I am burnt. So hate that. I just had to break out the oil to get a bit more bronze. Yea so much for thinking. My face is on fire, so are my legs and chest. Damn the luck. Tomorrow's forecast ~ RAIN. OOOOO, probably the only thing to keep me indoors. I am too worried about hitting Lebanon and suffering for a week like I usually do. I am determined to be tan before I even board the plane.

Tune Wars. ~~ I am way behind. Well I talked to Danno last week, and was glad to hear he's in remission. We were yakking about The Monkees, so here are a few of my fav's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qE8kx2u109k

Dig Davy's hair. LMAO *Laugh*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xow8HjjN9Q&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89522_rwoHE
Not the best vid, but the best I could find.

Nighters...

© Copyright 2009 Purple Celebrates (UN: purpleprincess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Purple Celebrates has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/651629-Memorial-Day