*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/653979-Six-it-Is--GAME-TWELVE
Rated: E · Book · Activity · #1535033
This is a collection of my experiences playing basketball
#653979 added June 10, 2009 at 7:00pm
Restrictions: None
Six it Is GAME TWELVE
SIX IT IS
Game Twelve

I managed to sink one ball in the basket during last night’s game. I had many, many other opportunities, but it seems everyone’s aim was off and the ball kept going over my head, or too far to the left or to the right. I kept hearing, “Sorry, Cathe” over and over throughout the game. Then, when I finally got my hands on the ball, another player would come along from seemingly out of nowhere and just grab it away, usually from behind where I could never have ever even known of her presence in the first place. I noticed over-shooting was something that occurred a lot during the game, not just in my case, but in many cases and on both teams.

I was caught out for traveling. Who would have ever guessed jumping in place was considered an offence? I had been watching the kids taking lessons before our game started and took particular note of how they made a big deal out of planting both feet on the ground before making any kind of move; a pivot, a pass, or taking off in a dribble down the court. I told myself to make sure I remember to keep my feet square on the floor at all times, and yet, there I was, doing exactly the opposite, to the liability of our team. Will I ever learn?

The game was pretty helter-skelter in my opinion; there were a lot of goofy plays on both teams; a lot of tripping, stumbling, and cases where the ball went skittering across the court, ricocheting off knees and toes. A few girls on the opposing team ended up on the ground. Unhurt, thankfully, and I took a pass to the face, on my chin and my left cheek. A couple of people asked me if I was okay and, thankfully, I was unhurt, and the game went on.

It was a fun game, but some of the pizzazz was missing. Maybe it was just me. I had thought I was in the right frame of mind for some good sport, but my actions belied my intentions.

Oh, I was given number six again. Number seven was needed for the tournament last week and the girl who it was given to liked it so well, she wants to keep it. So, once again, six it is.

© Copyright 2009 Pony Tale (UN: ponita at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pony Tale has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/653979-Six-it-Is--GAME-TWELVE