*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/654981-Bouncing-Passing-Shooting-GAME-THIRTEEN
Rated: E · Book · Activity · #1535033
This is a collection of my experiences playing basketball
#654981 added June 17, 2009 at 7:01pm
Restrictions: None
Bouncing, Passing, Shooting GAME THIRTEEN
GAME THIRTEEN
Bouncing, Passing, Shooting

When I left the basketball court tonight, all red-faced and sweaty from the physical exertion, I couldn’t believe how cold the court was when I had first arrived. I had been wearing my winter coat and didn’t want to take it off.

I ran around so much tonight I got all out of breath time and time again. I looked around and took note that I wasn’t the only one! Even the younger players were breathing heavily and anxious for a break.

I made four baskets in all, missed too many to count, by that much (holds index finger close to thumb by a fraction of an inch). You could hear groans all around the court when I did that. So close!

Too many passes went over my head, but I made some nice plays, too. I managed to catch the ball on the rebound, then turn around, careful not to take my feet off the ground, take careful aim at the basket, and score! Yeah, this is what it’s all about! Cheers all around. It’s a great feeling. Even though I’ve experienced this a lot this year, every basket is like the first and the thrill is just as intense each and every time.

I also managed to knock the ball away from our opponents a few times. That's always an incredible feeling, too. Especially when it's done cleanly and no fouls are called on the play.

Next week we have a late game and then we get a break for a week or two due to the school holidays.

I came home feeling really good from the physical activity and the joy of the sport. I managed to wreck my finger again, the one that was sore and swollen a couple of weeks ago. There’s pain in the joint, but it doesn’t seem to be swelling up this time.

© Copyright 2009 Pony Tale (UN: ponita at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pony Tale has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/654981-Bouncing-Passing-Shooting-GAME-THIRTEEN