*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/654672-Trash-is-done-more-Trash
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#654672 added June 15, 2009 at 6:59pm
Restrictions: None
Trash is done; more Trash!
I finished folding and numbering Trash.1 after the melt and will even mail a couple today. I tend to relish the process then relish making the product... until it's too much like work! *Shock* There are 100 copies. I just needed to staple the rest to be done with them. Done.

Trash.1 was written on the 13th of May by picking up trash around a city block. It needed to be edited and printed before my trip to Minnesota to give as a token gift. The deadline helped me put out a product; but, I cringe at some of the verse that needs a further rethinking and edit. So... when does Trash.2 get written you ask? Well... Saturday I realized that the date was the 13th, so I went under the bridge where the market was held earlier in the day and collected... trash. Then I set in the park and wrote with one eye to the sky where the curtain of rain was starting at the mountain and moving my way. I got home as it sprinkled.

The sketches for Trash.2 after the market will need to be looked at closely. I need to dig deeper. They were written in a rush when I wasn't waxing neither philosophic nor poetic; they are unprepared for the cruel reality of this world. I did get to Fed Ex the next day and made a color copy for a new cover though! *Pthb*

These were the items:

1. 2 blocks of ice (I didn't collect; I left to melt)
2. bent straw (the type for sipping)
3. broken handle of a plastic fork or spoon
4. branch of pine with entangled human hair
5. ragged purple iris

6. domed plastic lid
7. shredded crinkled red and green paper
8. clean white napkin
9. red and white plaid paper dish/boat
10. lemon quarter

11. sheath of a stem
12. raffia
13. glazed cake donut
14. carrots
15. geranium flowers

16. roll for quarters
17. red bottle cap of Kona
18. rubber-band
19. ivory lupine
20. beet leaf, popcorn, pink-orange sticker, iris bud, cookie crumbs

21. "Do this with lavender" note
22. A lavender-grey band: WA Snow & Suns USA

If I get out every day I can accomplish something. I work very slowly towards goals with bursts of energy to meet certain objectives. My writing was slumping before the last couple days, then poof! a flurry of activity. I've been talking about returning to Costa Rica for years. Now I have the tickets. Now I'm trying to block out my anxiety. Now I'm planning what towns I want to visit this time to check out the idea of returning in January/February for a month. A small town that's not too isolated may work. Zarcero, Grecia, Turrialba, and the region of Los Santos are inviting. Do I have time to travel south to San Vito de Jaba? Will I make the time to write in my journal? sketch out poems? collect images? Will I be overwhelmed by old memories?

The weekend was tranquil without obligations. Tomorrow I have Spanish Circle at noon, meet John at 3 before we go to a writing workshop at 4. Mayhaps today I should walk to the store? I need olive oil and bread. I bought more Kenya coffee already. Perhaps I should read Peggy's translation of Rilke's "Die Erblindenda" before we meet tomorrow.

I cooked pork in water with orange-curry; sprinkled it with dill weed. I soaked/fried a grilled cheese sandwich in the watery drippings. It was soft, the consistency of bread pudding. Luscious raw-milk cheddar between two bread-hips, the flavor of orange-pork-curry. I saved the other half of the pork for later. *Wink*

Montana: A cool mostly cloudy 68° at 4 p.m.
15,513

© Copyright 2009 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/654672-Trash-is-done-more-Trash