*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/655592-June-20
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1569450
6.8.09 I will Blog
#655592 added June 21, 2009 at 7:24pm
Restrictions: None
June 20
Saturday My husband and I worked on the backyard; cutting and trimming trees and shrubs. They have long overgrown from the previous owner. The new owner has not stepped up to do much but after being persistant, he sent out a couple of men to take the blackberry vines that were threatening to grow over the house.


*Flower4* The insiduous vines have crept through the juniper cover, up and entwined in the arborvitea. The neighbor has complained and I tried my best to cut as much down as I could last year, but we all know they do not die! This year the pruning I did last year just encouraged the vines and I saw vines waving tall in the air hoping the wind would blow their ends to the gutters or the roof. Then eventually you would not see the house for the blackberry vines would have taken over. Now I am not one to complain about blackberries. I love them and have bags of them in the freezer yet from last year and jam too. I love to make blackberry pie or cobbler. *Delight* I can just taste them now, but when I have the vines taking over my yard, that has to stop. I was informed that the State of Oregon will now rent goats to eat the huge blackberry patches that have taken over the medians and ditches along the roadways. It is a hazard as people will stand along the road picking the suculant sweet and drivers have had accidents as they were to close to the edge.


I know there is a goat grazing behind my house just out of my site, but not my hearing. Unless he has been used for a family dinner, he will still be bleating. If so I may ask to borrow him to clean the edge where the vines are just starting to take root! more of my saga later in the season.
© Copyright 2009 Quick-Quill (UN: thekindred at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Quick-Quill has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/655592-June-20