*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/655594-June-21
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1569450
6.8.09 I will Blog
#655594 added December 21, 2012 at 5:25pm
Restrictions: None
June 21
It was a cool morning with clouds and sun vying for the most sky space. I am in charge of coffee making for our Mothers, grand and gr grand and single Women's Sunday School class. When I make coffee the men sneak in before class and get a cup or two as they do not like what is made for their class. We have volunteers who make a treat for the class each Sunday. Our up coming campmeeting (for the next 3 Sundays) will host world wide attendees so the influx of women is too many to offer the refreshments for. Since I also assist with breakfast each of the 16 days I will not be attending the class myself. *Reading*


Today is Father's Day and our choir director gave the women a break *Confused* but had the men's choir sing two of the specials and a father son trumpet prelude and a male duet before the sermon. It wa so nice to be able to relax and enjoy the service.


My husband decided that since it was HIS day, he went off to a Gun Show for the afternoon and *Delight* left me to spend the afternoon on WDC! He is home and relaxing. My guess dozing.


I have just this week to really push and get more writing on my novel. The next two weeks will be so busy I won't have any time to write. We serve between 2,000-3,000 meals in 2 weeks depending on attendance. If I get an afternoon off I may just crash and sleep!


There is a concert on the 29th that I sing in the choir, and the rest of the evenings are evangelistic meetings. How did they do it when camp was 3 weeks and 4 weeks and 50-90 years ago it was 9 weeks long!! and They lived in the tents on the grounds. We at least have cabins even if only a few have electricity in them. I love staying in them and now that we have moved to Portland I only use a cabin just to rest between cooking or serving meals and to hang clothes to wear for the night meeting, if I don't have time to drive home to shower and change.


I wrote a wonderful Father's Day story and put it on the Shamless plug site. I hope this week others will enjoy it as much as I did writing it. Happy Father's Day!
© Copyright 2012 Quick-Quill (UN: thekindred at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Quick-Quill has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/655594-June-21