*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/656236-Write-a-poem-for-Farrah-Fawcett--Michael-Jackson-Rosenstein
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#656236 added June 26, 2009 at 12:46am
Restrictions: None
Write a poem for Farrah Fawcett / Michael Jackson Rosenstein
Can you write a eulogy for Farrah Fawcett or Michael Jackson? Would you dare call it "Angel's Hair" or "The Glove"? Could you take 3 known facts and grasp a slice of life that would honor them? I challenge anyone to attempt it. I will attempt it.

Rosenstein

How many stones did I breath to life;
how many stored and hoarded.
How many take you now to scatter
blessed by your deep-rose thoughts.
Repeat my name written in gold
on milk painted stones.
Toss them in a spring fed pool
or a fount of lava.
Know their worth as they return to earth,
a token of each day's breath.
Place one then on a loved one's grave;
we spirits crave communion
long past our death.

© Kåre Enga [166.82] 2009-06-11

An earlier version in plog entry: "166.82* Rosenstein

Death poems... art in death. Do you write them? I write many. The above is based on an installation here in Missoula by Kerri Rosenstein. It's called father and was a collection of 23,024 stones, milk paint, walnut oil, gold ink representing the days of her father's life. One stone = one day of her father's life. She encourages visitors to take a stone and "lose it" elsewhere. I'm taking one to Costa Rica. If I can get to the cemetery in Tierra Blanca on the slopes of the volcano Irazú, I will place one there.

http://www.missoulaartmuseum.org/index.php/ID/4720b9ecf648e47781ac0b9d3fc4bf36/f...

Some of my death poems:

Recent poem for Susanna Springer (June 5, 2009): "Joseph's Coat
For Michelle Begay (homeless on a cold night): "A radiant moon has set
For Jeanne New Moon (ill, hit by a train): "Knowing it lies beyond
For Nyia Page (toddler left in the cold): "Footprints in the snow
When James Doohan (Scotty) died: "Scotty's last lament (James Doohan)
One of my first in memory of a friend, Don Brown: "The sound of lavender

I feel good... kinda! *Laugh* I'm trying to not be stressed by the upcoming "vacation". Liliana gave me the suggestion of a money belt; Hide-and-Sole carries them and other ways of concealing valuables. I really want to keep my "jewels" out of other people's hands. The less I look like a confused tourist the better. *Wink*

Walter, Dennis, Liliana, Trish and others have all been to Central America and have traveled in different ways. Liliana is originally from the Lugano area of Switzerland and is particularly sensitive to culture and customs. She stayed with a Tico family and had a great time in CR.

I got to Men's Group (Writing Group was canceled). Got to Spanish Circle. Had an "ass with butt" , as Aaron called it, at Butterfly Herbs. Saw Ryne at Break Espresso as he's back in town after his voyage to Greece. It was a good day.

Montana: A sunny pleasant 72° at 9 p.m. in Missoula.
Costa Rica: Cloudy and 70° at 9 p.m. in San José.
15,736

© Copyright 2009 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/656236-Write-a-poem-for-Farrah-Fawcett--Michael-Jackson-Rosenstein