*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/657331-That-time-of-the-gloaming
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#657331 added July 1, 2009 at 1:28am
Restrictions: None
That time of the gloaming...
It's that time of the gloaming when a breeze freshens the mosquitos, wafts so light as to not ruffle a feather of a head beneath wing. It's the hour of blessings, of another day's ending, of a new day's beginning in the darkness that shrouds us before the breaking of light.

I started writing the above while crossing the bridge. Can't write crossing the bridge. *Rolleyes*

Got my key to Lavinia and most everything's done on my checklist. My flight leaves for L.A. around 6 in the evening Wednesday; there at 7:50 PDT. Then off again after midnight. Arrive in Ticoland on the 2nd around 9 a.m.

Advice: set out everything you need; take half. Decide how much money you'll need; double that. The first part is going to be difficult. Walter says three shirts should do it and I agree. But... everything has to fit in one piece of carry-on... and there-in lie the problems.

Money. I hope to spend less than $400. I have more than double on hand in my account. I should be okay even if I have to spend more than I want to.

Don't expect much communication from me. I'll try, but I'm in Costa Rica para disfrutarme de la vida... not to sit in front of the computer. I'll take pictures and write notes and maybe even sketch some poetry or stories, but blogging may depend on access to the internet (it's most everywhere and costs <$1-$3/hour); but, regardless I won't be reading much if anything on-line. And I'm still not certain about wi-fi and taking this computer...

I've fairly much decided that whatever isn't done by noon will need to remain undone. So... I need to get moving!

Montana: A clear 70° at 11 p.m. in Missoula.
Costa Rica: Off-line for some reason. Should be around 68° in San José.
15,860

© Copyright 2009 KÃ¥re Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
KÃ¥re Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/657331-That-time-of-the-gloaming