*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/658066-
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#658066 added July 7, 2009 at 12:53am
Restrictions: None
Orosí, Cartago, San José
San José.

Yep. I'm back in San José. I really enjoyed Orosí and want to go back... soon if I can.

Yesterday I stopped in the church (built 1743) and watched a football (soccer) match between Orosí and Paraíso... in the pouring rain. I visited the puente azul (blue bridge) and my vertigo did not bother me.

This morning I went to Soda Luz early and had gallo pinto con carne once again with café negro and a crema. 2,000 colones. I talked to the owner Luz Coto and made sure she knew how much I enjoyed her town and her place. I highly recommend her restaurant. *Delight*

On the way out I said good-bye to Papaya (the cat; she slept with me all night), Guapo (the old dog), various folks staying there and Felicidad (she cleans, et cetera, muy buena gente). I highly recommend Montaña Linda as well.

On the bus, I spoke to Isabella (from Palomo) who gave me a name of a local writer (in English) who is a friend of hers and lives in the area. She also said that having a beard is okay for a poet (most male Costa Ricans have only mustaches). *Laugh*

Today I visited Jardines Lankaster and took pictures of orchids, fern trees, bromeliads... Although the Guardia Morada is the national flower, the Guardia de Turrialba is a large and beautiful yellow and orange flower. Magnífica.

I also sat for a while in the basilica in Cartago, passed by the old-church-ruins and somehow found the bus to San José. It's not easy as streets are generally not marked in Costa Rica.

When I got back to the big city I got turned around but managed to find the post office and a calling card. Ronald R. met me at the park (where someone fired a shot; the police caught them) in the pouring rain and he and his partner Mauricio took me out for coffee. We had a nice time talking about a mutual friend and other insanities. Ronald lived for a year in Bozeman, Montana.

Well... it's late. I'm at the Friends hostel tonight in SJ. Couldn't find a cheap place in Alajuela. Very few folks here. It will be a tranquil night.

I have no plans for tomorrow. Pick a place and go, I guess.
15.954

© Copyright 2009 KÃ¥re Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
KÃ¥re Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/658066-