*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/658494-
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#658494 added July 10, 2009 at 1:46am
Restrictions: None
Baaaack in San José
I'm still here!

...and not all there.

I found my clothes. They were still on the line in Orosí. *Laugh* So, I ate at Soda Luz and said hello to everyone.

I'm learning about the buses... A colectivo doesn't have assigned seats like a directo. I ended up standing, then sitting in the aisle like two youngters, then was given a seat. It was an interesting trip "up the mountain". One just trusts the drivers.

Some of the intercity buses are better than in the U.S. and the bus terminal in Turrialba is new, clean and classy.

Got up early this morning. ¡Out and about before 7! The bells from the church and the sounds of morning mass were comforting. I ate a bean-tomato-lettuce-meat(?) sandwich on a flaky pastry that was nicely savory. Still not sure what all was in it, but it was good.

I'm at Casa Ridgeway again. Isabelle was kind enough to find me a spot.

There's a bar that caters to poets just a few blocks north of here. Had a nice time there; listened to a couple men playing/singing "Bésame mucho"; heard one of my favorite songs of Joan Manuel Serrat; drank a café chorreado (hot water poured over coffee grounds in a sieve).

Finally had linaza (flax drink) and agua-dulce (thin molasses).

I think this trip will be just long enough for me to want to come back. Part of me could simply move here.
16,047

© Copyright 2009 KÃ¥re Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
KÃ¥re Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/658494-