*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/659609-Day-4-Task-2
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1568380
Hodgepodge of things. Contest entries, short stories, scenes, my newsletters and other ...
#659609 added July 17, 2009 at 10:36pm
Restrictions: None
Day 4 Task 2
Day 4 Task 2: Interview any three of your own group members. No questions related to personal or Writing.com issues. Anything else goes. You can even send questions and answers to each other. Only three questions per interviewee. The same questions cannot be asked to all the three friends. So, we need to see nine questions in all, with nine best possible answers. No humour here, please. We want this to be as sanguine and serious as possible. This is important.


Hallo darkskye , for day four, we have to interview each other with three questions.

Question 1:

When shopping, do you use coupons, only shop during reduced price sales, go to warehouse clubs or don't worry about all that and go buy what you need when you need it?

Well, it depends on what I am shopping for. If it is groceries, than no I do not usually use coupons. I do however try to buy the items that are on sale. However, if I am shopping for clothes, shoes, jewelry, etc. it almost always has to be on sale for me to buy it. As well, I am a rather "cheap" person. Generally, I just don't like to spend money. I prefer saving it. I will make the exception though if I find something that really catches my eye and I can't pass it up.

Question 2:

When traveling abroad, do you prefer to rent a car or use public transportation like trains and busses? If you don't travel far, what would be your choice between rented car and train, hypothetically speaking?

Unfortunately, I do not travel far. Someday, I hope to change that though. However, hypothetically speaking, I would rather rent a car. I have actually never been on a train, but I know how much I enjoy traveling in a car when driving any distance. I also prefer the freedom I have in a car. I can go my own speed(to an extent of course), I can choose my own music, and I do not have to stick to any specific schedule.

Question 3:

Do you have an opinion on video games? Positive or negative?

Well, video games are one of my much-loved hobbies. I have been playing them since I was three years old starting off with Mario. As for whether or not I have a positive or negative opinion on them, I think it really depends on what type of video game and how much a person plays them. Excessive violence, foul language, and blood/gore is not the best influence, especially for younger children. Today, that seems the way video games are leaning. Myself, I play video games where thought, strategy, and a good storyline are often main factors. However, video games like many other things can become addictive. I do believe this can have a negative impact on a person and even affect their lifestyle. Overall, video games can be an enjoyable hobby if violence is not a large part of the video game and if the time spent playing them is kept as moderate as possible.

~~~***~~~***~~~


Hallo Meeple .

For our next task, I must ask you three questions, not personal and not relating to Writing.com. Hum, where do I start?

Question 1:

Which countries, besides the one you reside in, have you visited?

New Zealand, Mexico, Holland, Germany, Austria.

Question 2:

Is there a special spot on Earth, that you would love to travel to, if neither money, health or other issues were an object?

I love studying genealogy and my ideal trip would be to take all my research and head out to Ireland, Sweden, Germany and France. If I had to pick a single 'spot' it would be the location where my Irish ancestors lived.

Question 3:

Without telling me the state or city you reside in, can you tell me of a natural spectacle (caves, geysers, other) that are amazing to experience and if you have been there?

There are Sea Caves eroded into the rocky shores of Lake Superior. They are a wonderful experience in the summertime - when you go by boat, but I have never had a chance to see them in the winter, when you have to reach them by snowshoe or cross country skis. I intend to, someday.

~~~***~~~***~~~


From Jewel Busy Busy Busy!
Hello October. Hope thee help!


Question 1:

Every city has a number of people who make things run smoothly. Police, Fire department,
mayor, teachers, etc. Which one of those do you think has the biggest impact on life in
general?


You know, I think teachers are the ones we should be worshiping. *Smile* They educate our young, teach them right from wrong, and generally help raise the community. If they were not there, the world would be a sad place indeed. Our children would lack a proper education, wouldn't know how to interact with one another, and society in general.

Question 2:

Can you give me your brief opinion on classical and any kind of modern music? Which one
do you prefer, if any, and why.


Classical music can be both soothing and boring at the same time. *Smile* It truly takes a master to produce such a mixture of harsh and soothing at the same time. I have to admit, I'm a bit baffled at classical music. It tends to put me to sleep, although it does make for good listening while you are doing a project. There are no words to distract you.

I prefer to listen to Pop I guess you could call it or 80's. Or pretty much anything else besides rap. I hate rap. Pop is happy, upbeat and suite my personality. It sometimes has a meaning behind the lyrics, and sometimes it doesn't. It's there to keep me company and gives me something to dance to on a happy day. If' I'm sad, it usually cheers me up.

Question 3:

Have you ever pondered why dogs and cats like to live in the presence of humans more than
squirrels?


I'm guessing it's because dogs and cats have been raised around people more than squirrels ever have. *Smile* Also, dogs are more pack oriented then squirrels, even though cats really aren't. It would be interesting to see a tame squirrel though!

~~~***~~~***~~~


Hallo Indelible Ink , can I interview you? You can interview me! *Smile*

Question 1:

If given the time, opportunity and unlimited funds for it, what would be the one topic you would like to find out EVERYTHING about?

That's pretty easy. The human brain, or more specifically, psychology. I had an alcoholic father - now deceased - so my brother, mother and I grew up in a pretty strange environment. My brother became a psychologist as a result (he was curious as to why my dad was like he was and he has made a career out of trying to answer that question). My curiosity is more of a general nature...I've taken almost every psychology class available in my area..my interest is not limited to one specific field in psychology...I just find it all really, really fascinating & it's a subject of which I never tire.

Question 2:

Do you think newspapers are wasting too much space and resources to report on celebrities, or do you feel those people deserve all the attention? Could you briefly explain your point?

My feeling is that, most definitely they are wasting their resources (and our time) with the heavy "wall-to-wall" coverage allotted celebrities. On the other hand, I also realize that the "bottom line" for a newspaper is to sell as many copies as possible. So if the "fluff" improves the paper's bottom line, I can't argue with the strategy, because we, as consumers, apparently love to read about it.

Question 3:

Fruits and vegetables are healthy, no doubt about that. Can you tell me which of each is your favorite and why?

Fruits: blueberries...not sure why...I've loved them ever since I can remember. Veggies: carrots..I like the taste, the shape as it's easy to snack on while doing just about anything, and the shape also makes it a good candidate for "dipping".




© Copyright 2009 Annette (UN: annette at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Annette has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/659609-Day-4-Task-2