*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/660058-Old-Marlene-Dietrich-movies
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#660058 added July 20, 2009 at 3:13pm
Restrictions: None
Old Marlene Dietrich movies
Kamál (Perfection), 8 Kalimát (Words), 166 BE – Monday, July 20, 2009 about 11:56 AM Pacific Time

I came across this quote by Marlene Dietrich: "Once a woman has forgiven a man, she must not reheat his sins for breakfast." The quote got me to thinking, not about warming someone's sins over for breakfast, but about my the old movies I watched on T.V. when I was growing up in Blackwell, Oklahoma.

Grandpa Newland liked to have the latest technology, so when T.V. sets came out, he bought one. There was always a T.V. set in my grandparent's living room. The first T.V. set I remember watching was a black and white T.V. Some of the T.V. stations had late night movies and they broadcast old movies.

On Friday and Saturday night we stayed up and watch old movies on the T.V. set. One of the stars was Marlene Dietrich, but I don't remember the name of the movie. Every Friday and Saturday night we would watch a different movie. Some of the movies were love stories, some were horror movies, etc.

The early years of television was a time of innocence. There were not rating at that time, not at the movies or on the T.V. shows. As children, we watched pretty much what we wanted to without a lot of parental supervision. This couldn't happen today, but it did then.

© Copyright 2009 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/660058-Old-Marlene-Dietrich-movies