*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/660842-Something-new-for-a-change
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1371715
Welcome to The Library. Randomness happens, Studyees.
#660842 added July 25, 2009 at 11:16pm
Restrictions: None
Something new for a change.
Good evening Studyees...long time no see me, huh? I hope everyone's having a fun time...I've had nothing much of interest to report recently, so I guess life must be good. You should see my iPod, he's all grown up now, inchin' closer to 12,000 songs. Daddy's so proud *Blush*. There was a tornado about 20 minutes from me in a little town called Corfu earlier, and tornado watches in Williamsville. Kåre Enga in Montana might remember the last really major tornado we had, in the mid-'80's in my hometown of Cheektowaga...it wiped out the restaurant across the street from my school. The school was unharmed. It was summer, so I had no class anyway. Not that I've employed much class ever. *Smirk*

The real reason I'm dropping in to Stog you is simple. I've come up with an idea that I'm probably gonna work on after next week...Jess and I are going to Cleveland next weekend to celebrate certain occasions in our lives regarding the count of years we've been a part of the planet. Goin' to see the Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame, maybe catch an Indians baseball game (they suck, I know, so save it) and check out some of the little vintage shops in the area. Good times. If anyone else is gonna be in Cleveland, hit me up. Sick times!

Speaking of sick, I am. Not cool. Not enough sleep, the kids bringing their filthy viruses in from who knows where, and finally one latched on to this dude. FML...I never get sick. Well, not never but hardly ever. Scratchy throat, cough...but not as bad as the kids. So maybe I shouldn't FML so much.

Anyway...my point...inspired by a book I saw at Borders (I can't remember the title), I plan on creating a tournament. Similar to the NCAA basketball tournament, this book chooses a subject and then 65 things about that subject, ranks them bracket-style in a tournament, and then chooses a "champion". I haven't fully fleshed out the details, but I basically am going to choose 65 (63 plus 2 "at-large" options that have to "play in" to the "tournament") people, places, things, ideas, etc, rank them with my own scientific formula (strictly yet loosely based on my feelings about them), post them in a blog entry, and then let YOU the Stogger Nation decide by voting on which one you want to "choose", "win", "move on to the next round", you know what I mean. A tournament of sorts. I haven't sat down to rank or figure things out, when I do, you'll be the first to know. I'll probably pick four categories, divide them up into four brackets (like the NCAA randomly divides college b-ball teams into regions...I'll never get why they do that...why would Duke be in the West region, or UCLA in the East? Stupid college leaders...) and let them battle. Soome may battle each other, while others may battle you!! I will not be shy, but I promise it will be fun.

Why am I doing this? Because I'm bored, and I want to get back to interacting with this site a little more often. I tried, was doing better for awhile, and then I fell off again. But fear not...this will put me back on the radar. The plan is, once I have a plan, is to create a template of some sort and create an item entry link that I can send to you all, with enough advance notice to share with your people and give this thing some legs. Don't know if it's gonna be daily, one match at a time, if I might do one section at a time, or what I'm gonna do. But hopefully, it'll be a good exercise for me once I start commentating on everyone's results and the winners and losers. Opiinions will fly! People will take offense! Retributions will be made! The only rule is that there are no rules! And, well, the only other rule is that I ask, if you participate, to respect each other and no fisticuff...y'all are a pretty good people, so I don't see a problem. It's more fun if we all play nice. And that includes me.

So, more to follow. Hopefully before we venture off on our jaunt. Don't worry, I'll post pics, just not here. If Z.˚rz can sign up for Facebook, so can you. That's like Amy Winehouse actually signing up for rehab...proof it can be done!

With all due respect now, I have some work to do Studyees...leave any thoughts, questions, concerns, ideas, etc. in The Drop-Off, and I'll address them promptly. Providing J's gramma don't die soon. I hate to be so jokey about it, but that's how I deal. Docs gave her two days. We'll see...could be a whirlwind week between work and readying for Cleveland and random other bs. So peace homies, stay dry, and GOODNIGHT NOW!!

© Copyright 2009 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/660842-Something-new-for-a-change