*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/660947-Dont-Let-Experience-stand-in-your-way
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#660947 added July 26, 2009 at 9:18pm
Restrictions: None
Don’t Let Experience stand in your way
Jamál (Beauty), 14 Kalimát (Words), 166 BE – Sunday, July 26, 2009 about 6:02 PM Pacific Time

"A gentleman who had been very unhappy in marriage, married immediately after his wife died: Johnson said, it was the triumph of hope over experience." - Samuel Johnson


I think too many times we let experience stand in the way of enjoying life and finding love. It's like a child roasting marshmallows. When you take the marshmallow away from the fire, it's burning and hot, but it smells good. If you don't watch the child then he or she will attempt to take the marshmallow off the stick right away (I know I did) and get burnt.

The next time a stick with a fresh marshmallow on it is offered to the child, the kid doesn't want to take because he or she is afraid of being burned again. The parent or grandparent has to convince the child that it is safe to take the stick with the marshmallow. Eventually, the child will roast another marshmallow, but this time more carefully.

As we get older and encounter disappointment in love and relationships, we become fire-shy and attempt to avoid situations in which we'll be emotionally hurt. However, if we don't take the chance of being hurt then we probably won't find true love. When it comes to love, a person can't let experience stand in the way of happiness.


© Copyright 2009 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/660947-Dont-Let-Experience-stand-in-your-way