*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/662957-Aug-9
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1569450
6.8.09 I will Blog
#662957 added August 10, 2009 at 1:25am
Restrictions: None
Aug 9
It is 10:00 and I just got home from the Orig Taco House. We and a few people from church headed to our fellowship spot. It has been the hang out for us since our teen years. We don't go for the food, although it is pretty good. but it is a place we can talk and they all know us there.


The weekend was a quiet one. I did some cleaning and Paul put up the new closet organizer he got free from a remodeling job he was at. Now he has room for all his shirts, slacks, pullovers, suits and a shelf for his jeans and work Shorts. I don't know when my closet will get a make-over.


I have lots to do this week. I have to do a really good cleaning job as we are having company on Thurs. I also have to start getting things together for the 23 and the 60th Anniv. I still don't have a presentation for them. I was going to do things like "What I learned from my parents."


I think I am supposed to do a living history kind of thing. I guess I had better firm that up.


A dear friend of ours and a long time Chef at our church passed away this morning. It is a sad thing but knowing that he and his buddy are up there a the great kitchen in the sky telling them how they are getting more people there with their sausage gravy (msde only with whipping cream and a little milk) and all the bread puddings, buttermilk and whipping cream and sour cream biscuits. Okay, I think back in July I said how we cooked.


Today he is in heaven, running and jumping and greating all those who have gone on before. I can see now across the river- they are all standing and looking and then "Here he comes, It's Don and he is on his way home." even now with tears in my eyes I am more happy that he had made it than I would ever wish him to be here. His funeral is Monday the 17th. Good night.
© Copyright 2009 Quick-Quill (UN: thekindred at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Quick-Quill has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/662957-Aug-9