*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/663895-
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#663895 added August 17, 2009 at 4:02pm
Restrictions: None
Teaching an old dog to dance, Hurzlmeier's Tänzchen
Weather you be:

Claudette is trying to pull an Humberto before saying hellllllooooo to Florida and Alabama. Alas, the himmicane had a wee bit more time to develop his muscles. Poor Claudette will apparently just bring a refreshing breeze and some flooding... and a tornado or three.

Hope the Floridian bloggers here will post a note. *Cool*

Note: Caoimhe is Gaelic and pronounced Key-veh.

Teaching an old dog to dance

Caoimhe felt sexy under her new wig,
her high-heeled toes sure knew how to jig.
She grabbed the old salt,
placed his paws on her shoulders,
her hands snug under fur.

The old dog winked back,
held onto her neck and gave her a twirl.
Green-white-and-gold, an Irish flag they did swirl.
He stuck out his tongue, barked at all,
What a girl!

His old fleecy white,
her green dress, gold flowered,
traipsed out the door and unto the walk.
Quite a treat for the gawkers:
What a gal!
What a dawg!
But by then down the street they had whirled,
out-of-sight but still furled.

© Kåre Enga [166.181] 2009-08-16

Inspired by "Tänzchen", artwork by Rudi Hurzlmeier. I tried to find an image on the internet but failed. It depicts a white dog dancing with a blond haired woman in a green summer dress with orange flowers. The old dog looks like he's having quite a good time! I showed the postcard to Caoimhe (pronounced Key-veh) last night and she thought it was a hoot.

Blogville:

Nada has been stressed out in case you've missed her entries. Lance has been ill and is in hospital. She's trying to keep us informed, but the old gal (she just celebrated her birthday... 61! *Shock*) has not been getting her sleep. Someone please go there and give her a pillow!

In happier news... please go visit NOVAcatmando , who has written a fear-poem for the children-of-the-fearful... those that are afraid the world will end with universal Human Rights and Health Care for all. Regardless of your political stance, her satire is wicked! and deserves a read and applause. "Invalid Entry

ME?

I stayed inside today. My hands froze last night when walking to the store. It was under 50 before midnight! Stayed below 55 until 11 a.m. Good day to boil a French morel sausage and eat it with porcini: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boletus_edulis Which I did! Last night had huckleberries over cottage cheese; this morning, huckleberries over cereal. I hate to waste, so when I buy something I'm eating it till it's gone or gone bad. I'm soaking sole and cilantro in lemon at the moment to make ceviche.

Montana: 62° at 5 p.m. in Missoula. A glimpse of sunshine, but a cold day of grey skies and sprinkles.
17,011

© Copyright 2009 KÃ¥re Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
KÃ¥re Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/663895-