*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/664220-Green-bench-Greenough-Park
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#664220 added August 19, 2009 at 1:19am
Restrictions: None
Green bench, Greenough Park
Green bench in Greenough Park

On this bench:
looking through the lacy mountain ash,
orange baubles dangling,
an autumn feast
waiting for the return of waxwings.
Beyond the pine and cedar:
a sound of rumbles
where the Rattlesnake
churns through rock,
hisses over well worn stones,
rushes past the beige apartments.
On the other side:
black poplars tower over windows
where no one's seen,
where no one looks to see us here,
ensconced behind their barren walls
forever bored:
this river rumbling, the flit of wings,
this path, this bench
ignored.

© Kåre Enga [166.183] 2009-08-18

Gnus, Views and Blogville:

Sometimes we get "worked up" and post our real opinions.

Witness this quote by CandiBarr at the Wunderground website:

Garbage In, Garbage Out is a phrase in the field of computer science or Information Communication technology. It is used primarily to call attention to the fact that computers will unquestioningly process the most nonsensical of input data and produce nonsensical output.

Garbage In, Gospel Out is a more recent expansion of the acronym. It is a sardonic comment on the tendency to put excessive trust in 'computerized' data, and on the propensity for individuals to blindly accept what the computer says.


I was thinking about this when I made a sarcastic response (edited) to a blog entry by Paige Turner :

Remember this is the Christian Republic of America with an alien posing as president.

1. A place where two men in Utah are arrested for kissing.
2. Where people feel personally attacked when folks they don't know, but don't approve of, get married.
3. Where lying about 'death panels' is morally acceptable.

Where garbage in = gospel out when pontificated by the proper Defender of the True Republic, the Grand Duchess of Wasilla, Pope Palin.

May God and the Goddess help us.


The parallel is that we do not always scratch the surface of what we are told even if it doesn't make any sense, even when proven irrational or just plain false. (Palin, like many others, may have valid concerns on health care and other issues, but 'death panels' is a falsehood.)

There is lots of this ignorant shit-flinging at Facebook from what I hear and some of that going around WdC as well. All politics and religion and opinions aside... they are merely our opinions (and therefore of value)... but not always verifiable truths. And this, of course, is only my opinion.

ME?

Okay... I took a nap before noon because I didn't want to get up and I was trying hard to think in French. This is a sign I am depressed. I did finally get up, get out, went to the park and saw folks from the Spanish circle, sat at a bench and wrote the above sketch. Went to Celtic Connection and shared with Caoimhe the poem I had written for her and posted here a couple days ago (still not pleased with it...), and went to Fact & Fiction for a reading from a book by Mark Miller about the early days of Yellowstone Park. So... I did do something. *Smile*

The day was warm. Summer is definitely back. May get close to 100 by Friday.

Montana: 72° at 9 p.m. in Missoula. The sun is back, but setting noticeably earlier each day.
17,090

© Copyright 2009 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/664220-Green-bench-Greenough-Park