*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/664434-I-woke-up-late-this-morning
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#664434 added August 20, 2009 at 11:56am
Restrictions: None
I woke up late this morning
Istijlál (Majesty), 1 Asmá’ (Names), 166 BE – Thursday, August 20, 2009 about 8:36 AM Pacific Time

This is the first day of Asmá’ and I woke up late. Of course, I didn't get to bed until late last night. We went to the Feast of Asmá’ (Names) at the Baha'i Center. The feast began at 7:30 PM and I picked up Michael about 6:30.

Before I backed out of my driveway, I read a prayer of protection revealed by Baha'u'llah. I back out of my driveway, picked up Michael and the three of us drove to the nineteen-day Feast. We drove west on Charleston until we got to Rainbow and then turned left. Driving west yesterday evening was an experience, to say the least. I don't have sun visors (I'm going to have to do an on-line search to see where I can get them) and the sun was at a point where it was shining into my eyes.

We arrived at the center safely. I thought we would be early, but there were several cars there already. I think we must have arrived about 7:00, I don't have a watch and I didn't ask what time it was. I wasn't feeling all that great anyway. My ulcer was b0thering me and stress of driving didn't help. I didn't eat anything, but I did drink a grape soda, which helped a lot because it relieved the distress my stomach was giving me.

Despite not feeling well, I enjoyed the spiritual portion. I came away from the Feast of Asmá’ feeling refreshed and renewed and I still feel the same way this morning.

© Copyright 2009 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/664434-I-woke-up-late-this-morning