*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/664571-August-21
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1569450
6.8.09 I will Blog
#664571 added August 21, 2009 at 8:30pm
Restrictions: None
August 21
Here it is Friday and what a week this has been. I have been a 2 time winner this week. First my entry into the writer's cramp was chosen a winner and now I am PUBLISHED!! This is the second time one of my story's has been chosen for publication. The first was an for an ezine and now Oasis Journal 2009 has chosen to included my Unguarded Truth for their book. This is a collection of short stories, poems, memoirs and such which are written by the "over 50" crowd. It will be released toward the end of November 2009 in time for Christmas presents.


Last year two of the women in my writers group were published in this book. I will add more later as I am in a rush to get coffee before I have to be at the last session of VBS.





I finished the last morning session with the VBS and the kids will come to church tonight to perform the songs they learned and get their tickets for gifts they want to buy.


Last night I went to see Julia & Julie. The premise was good, the acting was great. I am not a Merril Streep fan at all. The only other movie I liked her in was Devil wore Prada. I loved Mamma Mia, saw the musical four times. I think the casting director and the director should be taken to a firing range and shot numerous times with rubber bullets!!


However, Merrill Streep as Julia Child was a wonderful choice! She acted the part. A little overdramatic at times but my guess this was Julia. Mr. Tucci was fantasic and I love everything I have seen him in.


I make one note about this movie. I will not reccomend anyone to see it. I will not purchase the movie in DVD. There are somethings I can tolerate when a director or scriptwriter take poetic license. This one was not part of the play, had nothing to do with the story line, it was a piece that was thrown in to make a political point. I can take subtle digs, and even joke on a political position. this was hot one of those times. To blatentley bash a political party for no reason except you have a personal platform is egotistical.


I feel that the best way to show my displeasure with a movie is not buy it. So I will spend my money on a movie that is not produced by this director. If I knew how, I would make this better known.
© Copyright 2009 Quick-Quill (UN: thekindred at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Quick-Quill has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/664571-August-21