*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/665974-Favre-Being-Favre
Rated: E · Book · Sports · #1369759
Yoyo Brett Favre and his re-re-return to football...now last shot at glory corrupted?
#665974 added September 1, 2009 at 2:17am
Restrictions: None
Favre Being Favre
For someone who's old with the kind injuries he alleges, Brett Favre threw a mean block on the field against Houston Texans cornerback Eugene Wilson last night, drawing a penalty and talk from some that he should be fined...

http://blogs.startribune.com/vikingsblog/?p=3251

Regardless, whatever rust accumulated on his armor he officially shook off with 13-18 completions, 142 yards passing and a 28-yard TD pass. He looked good drawing the Texans offsides with his signal calling and crisp passes, including a near miss to Percy Harvin in the endzone on a 30-yard touch pass that reached the receivers fingertips and went out of bounds.

The old man took a few more hits tonight and I want to see if there's any more cracked rib talk or soreness in that throwing shoulder he blocked with. He got up wincing and the announcers essentially said he was stupid for making that play.

Sounds like his teammates think he's pretty special. I wonder if he has a death wish. Of course, I've seen him wiff on tackles before, so it surprised me he connected as well as he did. And that he himself was not injured. I could see how he would have to run for his life after that. Good thing it was just about the time for him to come off the field.

If it was premeditated, that hit could have been a message to end any doubt about his desire to play to win. Or that he is a Minnesota Viking, a soldier ready to serve and protect his team. Let's put it another way, since he's got a lot in common with Manny Ramirez...It's just Favre being Favre...or Brett being Brett.

That's the kind of stuff that endeared him to his fans. I think many will come out on Favre's side for his actions on the field last night.


© Copyright 2009 He’s Brian K Compton (UN: ripglaedr3 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
He’s Brian K Compton has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/665974-Favre-Being-Favre