*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/667150-And-about-his-last-days-with-the-Jets
Rated: E · Book · Sports · #1369759
Yoyo Brett Favre and his re-re-return to football...now last shot at glory corrupted?
#667150 added September 10, 2009 at 2:08pm
Restrictions: None
And about his last days with the Jets...
It was no mystery Favre was hurt at the end of last season. And now the current Minnesota Viking QB has some insight into the matter, capsized and linked in a piece at profootballtalk.com where they put their own unique conspiratorial spin on it...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/09/favre-says-mangini-should-have-b...

You want to spin it even further, then consider the fact that Favre had nothing to play for by the end of the 2008 season. He'd already proven he could lead this team to big victories while the Packers were having a forgetful year without him. Why not just say he faked the injury and packed it in for the rest of the season so Green Bay got the worst possible draft pick for shipping him off to Siberia New York. So he didn't have to go to the playoffs (save wear and tear on that old body), and then hope the Jets would give up on him after he got everyone fired because of a gamble that didn't payoff. Then, get cut loose, act like his career was over for good, just so he could slip into a purple and yellow jersey and play for the team he'd always intended to go to.

Furthermore, you could attest the long courtship was just a ruse to keep us from talking about how he really intended to go to the Vikings all along and never really planned to retire. A PR campaign to appear honest and thoughtful about his choice to eventually return and hope that no one put together all the random pieces and think that he might just be pulling wool over the collective eyes with this phony injury thing.

Face it, Favre draws blog hits. You have people at profootballtalk putting a controversial spin on some honest commentary just to get debators out of the woodwork and drive, drive, drive that web traffic. They're just stirring up the put and watching all the idiots jump into the stew time after time after time.

I gotto go back there and share my comments with them! *Laugh*

No, seriously.

*Rolleyes*

Just a follow up on that...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/10/league-looking-into-favres-comme...

Another story that will wind up being nothing at the end of the day. It's intriguing to think that the league might get the truth of the situation, which would validate Favre's contention he was hurt. I doubt they would find out otherwise, since he's had a doctor look at it and the injury is provable.


© Copyright 2009 He’s Brian K Compton (UN: ripglaedr3 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
He’s Brian K Compton has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/667150-And-about-his-last-days-with-the-Jets