*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/667290-Does-That-Mean-Theres-No-Such-Thing-As-Truth
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#667290 added September 10, 2009 at 11:13pm
Restrictions: None
Does That Mean There's No Such Thing As Truth?
My response to {entry: 667246} by c.t.moon for Thursday, September 10, 2009 leading entry for "Follow the Leader.


A car is a person's personal space in a public arena. Most people in cars don't think other people see them because the car is personal space. I drive and I find it interesting to glance quickly at drivers on either side of me. If it appears the person is staring at me then I stare back and smile.

The person looking into my car may not be staring at me. For all I know the the person staring at me could be looking into the depths of space and time. He or she may be looking through the window of my car and seeing another dimension entirely. I don't know what the person actually sees or is looking at. Fortunately, I can't read people's minds (most of the time).

I don't think most people driving down a street realize that the individuals in the car next to them have lives different from their own. Most people attempting to get through rush hour traffic just want to get home or to work.

A person stops at a light, glances around and out of boredom looks into the car next to them. Sometimes the person sees an individual picking his or her nose. Sometimes the person sees the male driver putting his hand between the boobs of the size 40C woman, riding shotgun. Most of the other drivers don't realize someone is watching them or they don't care.

I've driven in Las Vegas for over 40 years and I've seen some intriguing sights in other cars. I've seen and heard people arguing (when you argue in traffic please roll your windows up). I've seen driver and passenger passing a joint back and forth. Then there are the drivers talking on their cell phones or putting on make-up or talking on their cell phone while putting on make-up. Some drivers read at stoplights (yes the stoplights in Las Vegas are that long). Some drivers stare off into space waiting for the light to change or the driver behind them to honk and let them know the light has changed. I haven't even mentioned what they do when driving and not stopped at a light.



© Copyright 2009 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/667290-Does-That-Mean-Theres-No-Such-Thing-As-Truth