*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/667119-Enough-is-enough
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#667119 added September 9, 2009 at 11:00pm
Restrictions: None
Enough is enough
My response to {entry: 667027} by Jenn for Wednesday, September 9, 2009 leading entry for "Follow the Leader.


Sometimes I suspect all politicians think alike because when there is a budget crisis the first place they want to cut is education. When education should be the last part of the budget cut. Education is becoming more critical as time passes. The increase in technology requires an educated work force.

If a man or woman cannot get a job because of lack of education, they will not pay taxes. In fact, they will probably go on some form of stated financed assistance. However, I am no politician so I cannot understand their logic.

My parents, who were both born in 1921, had high school diplomas. When they got their diplomas that was all that was necessary to get a decent job. Today you are lucky if that gets you a job at a gas station, all though, it might get you a job at a fast food restaurant.

My grandparents were born sometime between 1898 to 1900. At that time an eight grade education was all that was necessary to get a decent job. I think both my grandparents on my mother's side had high school diplomas. I do know they valued education and encouraged their grandchildren to become educated.

A college education in the last hundred or so years has become more critical because of the increase in technology, so where is the first place politicians cut, education of course. It does not make any sense to me, but I am not a politician and have not intention of becoming one.



© Copyright 2009 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/667119-Enough-is-enough