*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/667453-Cupping-your-hand-to-shield-the-flame
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#667453 added September 12, 2009 at 12:46pm
Restrictions: None
Cupping your hand to shield the flame
My response to {entry: 667306} by Acme for Friday, September 11, 2009 leading entry for "Follow the Leader.


9/11 haunts the entire human race, whether one saw the videos of the planes hitting the towers, heard about it on radio, or by word of mouth. It haunts us because it revealed what hate and fanaticism can do. Nationalism, racism and any other type of ism, tends to separate the components of the human race into them and us. These isms work against the survival humanity, of the individual, of nations and of the planet.

The solution to the economic problems faced by every nation on Earth is not to put a wall, either figuratively or literally, around any nation. Nationalism puts a wall around a nation and prevents economic recovery because nations are an economical component of Earth's planetary economy.

Nationalism and racism are going to continue to raise their ugly heads for the next few years. Their heads are going to get uglier and uglier because humanity and the planet is moving toward a planetary civilization instead of a nation-state civilization. Preaching hate of any type is an emotional argument and it works because numerous people don't want to investigate the falsies behind the arguments.

Those of us who believe that humanity is a single species and that their nation is just a component in a world civilization have to make our beliefs known. We make our beliefs known by avoiding partisan politics we register as nonpartisan. If nonpartisan isn't available then the perspective voter has to find out the reason. We have to find out nonpartisan ways to make our beliefs known.





© Copyright 2009 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/667453-Cupping-your-hand-to-shield-the-flame