*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/667459-Favre-Unscathed
Rated: E · Book · Sports · #1369759
Yoyo Brett Favre and his re-re-return to football...now last shot at glory corrupted?
#667459 added September 12, 2009 at 12:19pm
Restrictions: None
Favre Unscathed
I went to the "Eve of Destruction" demoltion/monster truck show in Kaukauna last night. It was my first time and was entertaining...for me. There were about 12,000 people in attendance and assured to have a great number of Packer backers. One of the events was an annual tradition with a twist.

They have cars play a game of football with an LP tank filled with sand. Pretty much anything goes, since it's a demolition show. Usually, it's a Packers/Bears rivalry. The twist this year was to line up purple cars, one painted number four. So eight cars total square off and they are supposed to push this LP tank until one team gets across a goal line. They keep playing until the cars are too banged up to run any more.

The MC was trying to stoke the crowd to root for the 'Favre' car's supposed inevitable demolition. Kinda like what Favre haters want to see on the field this season. The fans roared their support once but were pretty much quiet for the rest.

The Vikings team scored two touchdowns to none for the gang green. In fact, after the first play two Packers vehicles had to be hauled off by wreckers. It was four on two for the second and last face-off. A green mini-van got flipped in the air while three of the purple cars pushed the tank and lonely sub-compact across the goal line for the last touchdown.

Ironically, the Favre car followed the play like he would after throwing a TD pass. Unscathed.

I don't think it was a big let down for the crowd, but a victory for the old QB. At the outset, the chuckeheads in the radio booth said they were going to send a video to Favre of his likeness in autodom (I made up a word) being destroyed. Looks like it will just be another highlight reel?

I didn't take any video of the event, which was pretty unwatchable. At least I got to see some cars with trailers get blowed up pretty good in some figure 8 racing. People I went with said it was lamest "Eve of Destruction" show they had been too. Not enough stuff blowed up.

Guess there's always next year.

© Copyright 2009 He’s Brian K Compton (UN: ripglaedr3 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
He’s Brian K Compton has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/667459-Favre-Unscathed