*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/667958-XII---The-Hanged-Man---the-world-is-upside-down
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1211684
My blog--I pull a card--if it doesn't speak to me...perhaps it is for you?
#667958 added September 16, 2009 at 8:53am
Restrictions: None
XII---The Hanged Man---"the world is upside down"


a celtic knot-work image


In her beautiful GAIAN TAROT Joanna Powell Colbert re-imagines this card as a serene yogini, in the Tree pose, hanging upside down from an oak tree. It's all about remaining calm and centered internally, when indeed the world is upside down.

Two days ago as I was about to dissolve into a total meltdown at work a co-worker counseled me that "the world is upside down"----and cautioned me that I needed to stay strong and focused inside myself. And she had no knowledge that I have been working with and meditating with this card and this image. Ah, the universe is wider, wiser, and more mysterious than we know!

Joanna's deck has been a 10-year labor of love that is finally coming to completion. It is due to be published in 2011 ---widely by Lleyllyn---with a limited edition collector's edition in 2010. I am looking forward to holding these cards in my hand. They are so evocative and life-affirming. Her Bindweed card---her interpretation of the Devil---is also powerful and illuminating.

And thank you Nikki for the reminder that we can always shift our own perspective, when inded the world is upside down.

Blessings!






© Copyright 2009 ridinghhood-p.boutilier (UN: ridinghhood at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ridinghhood-p.boutilier has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/667958-XII---The-Hanged-Man---the-world-is-upside-down