*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/668841-Small-Steps
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Family · #1593865
Daily blog/ ramblings of a wife/mother about life friendship and family drama
#668841 added September 22, 2009 at 12:08pm
Restrictions: None
Small Steps
Hello,
Depression does hurt everyone. I have been depressed for several years and basically have shut all communication down with everyone I know for over 3 years now.  I have finally started climbing out of my shell again and have started reconnecting with my friends. I was so afraid to call some of my closest friends because I don't know how to explain what happened to me. I don't even know for sure. Last night I called one of my dearest friends and it was so heart warming and healing for me. It was just like we left off and I'm so happy I got the courage to call her. Trying to explain depression and codependency to people without the problem is difficult, they just do not understand.  I do not take any meds for this problem, so I think that's why its taken so long to come out of it. I don't like the meds for depression I think they do more harm then good sometimes. I have tried them and they left me either unable to function completely or unable to work and I can't have either. I did this on my own.  I also re-connected with my family here in Florida, which has been a struggle for the last ten years. My sister can take credit for that one because she dragged me to see them and I was plesantly surprised to their reaction to me. I think we settled all the past in-differences and can now move ahead with being family again and that also makes me very happy. So things are looking up all around for me. My husband is working steady now and the stress there has been released now too.

I hope all is good for everyone reading my blog and even those who are not. lol

© Copyright 2009 Idle Thoughts (UN: selania at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Idle Thoughts has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/668841-Small-Steps