*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/669360-Im-going-to-bite-the-bullet
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#669360 added September 26, 2009 at 5:26pm
Restrictions: None
I’m going to bite the bullet
Jalál (Glory), 19 ‘Izzat (Might), 166 BE – Saturday, September 26, 2009 about 1:58 PM Pacific Time

After a difficult two days of dealing with slow downloads, uploads and a snail paced Internet connection, I've decided to bit the bullet. I'm e-mailing my Internet provider and ordering a DSL modem. I have a choice of two speeds, which I might be able to afford. I can get the 512 Kbps/128 Kbps or the 1.5 Mbps/384 Kbps. The modem itself cost $50.00 plus the first monthly fee. My gut feeling tells me to go for the 1.5 Mbps/384 Kbps, which is an outlay the first month of $90.00. The daily up cost me $20.00, so if I e-mail the techs tomorrow I might be able to get it installed by October 10. October 10 is when my monthly fee is due. Therefore, unless something else comes up, all I have to find is $70.00.

I fully expect something else to come up before the 10th. Right now, I need a new facet for the kitchen and the bathroom. My bathtub take half-a-day to drain because either the thingy that holds the water in doesn't work properly or it's stopped up. I don't think it's stopped up because the toilet fleshes properly. I'm having someone come in next week to fix the washer because it makes an odd noise when it goes into the spin cycle and it doesn't spin all the water out of the cloths.

Then to top that off, I encountered the blue screen of death this morning. I had a memory dump and I think it has to do with a driver. The problem is I can't download anything within a reasonable amount of time because of my slow connection to the Internet. The connection which disappears into cyber space at odd and unusual intervals. I'm not sure a DSL modem will help the disappearing connection, but it will help the upload/download time.

On the bright side, my life isn't in the toilet because if it was the toilet wouldn't flesh.

© Copyright 2009 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/669360-Im-going-to-bite-the-bullet