*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/669467-Rhetoric
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#669467 added September 27, 2009 at 10:51am
Restrictions: None
Rhetoric
My response to "Invalid Item by Dark Lady for Wednesday, September 23, 2009 leading entry for "Follow the Leader.

I've never looked at the way my ideas develop. I've never (at least I don't think I have) gotten an idea from going into Wal-Mart. I haven't written in the rain, which sounds like a good idea. The problem with rain in Las Vegas is that it doesn't occur often. I've gotten ideas from driving in the rain, but had to wait until I arrived home to write about it or wait a few days before I could write about the experience.

Sometimes an experience or sight gives me an idea immediately, however, most of the time I have to let the idea percolate in my mind. The idea, like coffee in a percolator, has to brew a while before I can write about it. I've written about experiences immediately after the experience occurred, but then I have to rewrite to get the essence of what I'm looking for from the experience.

Immediately, after an experience I think I'm too close to it to find the caffeine in the coffee bean. I have to get away from the experience, roast the bean, grind the bean and then brew it in a percolator. Once you brew the coffee or idea then you pour it into a cup and drink it. After this you look in the bottom of the cup to see coffee grounds. Coffee grounds are usually considered waste and many people don't like to see them in the bottom of a cup. However, if you can't see the grounds in the bottom of the cup, then it probably isn't a good strong cup of coffee. If you can't see the grounds in your idea, then you need to let it percolate a little longer because you want the characters (at least the main characters) to be strong properly brewed.




© Copyright 2009 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/669467-Rhetoric