*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/669996-Friends
Rated: GC · Book · Opinion · #1591550
One writer's journey
#669996 added October 1, 2009 at 8:24am
Restrictions: None
Friends
It amazes me sometimes the people we choose to befriend. Many surprise me, being the best thing to ever walk through my door, and yet others are a nightmare. Not always easy to walk away from.

But WDC chat freinds, ah well yes, they are a breed all unto their own. Most mean well, are here for a few laughs, and don't get involved in the personal drama that tends to go on. Others are the ones to keep around, they keep you sane, make you laugh when you're down, cry with you, send you cnotes, etc just because. I never understood the gossip chain of chat. I mean, I knew it exsisted, it's how I knew things about people I barely spoke to. What boggles my mind, is the way people think it's alright to divulge info about other members, as if it is their right, which it clearly isn't. In fact, if nothing else, it makes those chatterbugs backstabers. If anyone wants to display their troubles, their doubts and insecrurities, hell they can blog about it, put it in their port for the world to see, add it to their handle, announce it in open chat. Why would anyone go about spreading personal information without their so-called friends persmission? One ~ and only one ~ answer. They are NOT friends. Not to be trusted, and for gawd's sake, if you don't want your business spread throughout the site, then it's time to be selective in terms of whom you tell things too. Sad, but damn true.


School
Paper is due tomorrow. I have one paragraph written. Can I get an "UGH"? I do enjoy the class, and am now chatting with classmates. I think I shocked a few yesterday by admitting my real age. A few jaws dropped, well yeah, I'm 41. The old lady in the back of the class. I even told them that, and they weren't sure how to respond until I told them it's ok to laugh. *Laugh* One girl in particular was interested in my dream goal, wished me luck, read A Second Chance and then told me it was good. I handed the copy over to my professor, hoping to get some feedback and direction as to whether I should attempt to send it into a magazine. He did stress the importance of the cover letter, and if I couldn't sell my work in two sentences, that would be an issue. I like this guy!

Homefront
Kind of nice to come home and grab the mail. *Shock* OMG ~ Danny!! You have a letter from the White House! Oh, yes. My child had to write a paper in 8th grade about something he considered needed fixing. So he wrote one about texting while driving, hoping to sway the President to take action. And Barak responded. Thanked him for the letter, admitted there is a problem. It's so cool that he has that letter. Something definitely worth saving.

Zak is getting straight A's ~~Theresa faints, picks herself up and collapese again~~ JK. But I am amazed that he actually gives a damn. I always knew he had the potential, but Zak is the kind of kid who does enough, and only works harder if he feels like it. This year, with the gf in his life, yeah, he wants to do better than okay. Woots!

Question of the Day
Ever get a whispered kiss in chat? Yeah, that can only mean on thing. Trouble! Run ladies, the cyberpath has you in his sights.

© Copyright 2009 Purple is House Florent (UN: purpleprincess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Purple is House Florent has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/669996-Friends