*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/670285-What-A-Week
by Kristi
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1594648
The inner scribblings of my mind
#670285 added October 3, 2009 at 1:29am
Restrictions: None
What A Week!
Well, it all started on Monday, when the average person's week begins. I drove what seemed to be eleventy seven thousand miles to my sister's house in Alvaredo, TX. Where, you ask? I don't really know, I answer! Somewhere south of Arlington, the state's 7th largest city. We had a great evening watching Da 'Boys scrape out a win against the Carolina Panthers. I thought for sure my sister was going to knock herself out with the random fits of rage she threw! After the game, we ventured to her Facebook account so I could help her upload 250+ pictures she had recently taken with her brand new, snazzy digital camera. That took every bit of 3 hours. Then, I started packing some of her stuff for the move the next day.

Tuesday started way too early when she woke me at 5:30 a.m.!! I was NOT happy about having to rise and shine, but did so anyway. I knew she was counting on me, along with a couple of other friends, to have her moved into her new home in Arlington by late afternoon. Somehow, we unloaded the last bit of furniture in the vicinity of 1:00. Then, we had to travel back to Alvaredo to un-enroll her daughter from school and then back to Arlington. I tell ya, I was beat.

I left my sister's new house promptly at 4 p.m. and drove like a maniac to get to Mesquite, a suburb of Dallas. I was meeting a dear friend at her apartment so we could get dressed and get to the American Airlines Center in Downtown Dallas for the Metallica concert! What a friggin' kick ass concert that was!! I had the time of my life! I have seen Metallica 5 times prior to this one and was shocked that I could still thrash at my old age!

I got home around 2 a.m. and had to go immediately to bed so I could get up by 9 a.m. to go to the oral surgeon to have two teeth surgically removed from my jaw. Oh, the pain the dentist inflicted upon me! At times, it was almost unbearable, but I did my best to continually convince myself to breathe and relax. As soon as I got back home, I went straight to bed, which was around noon. I slept until supper time when my mother brought me some mashed potatoes and macaroni and cheese from KFC. I gobbled down the mac and cheese in somewhat of a dazed stupor and then stumbled back to bed. I slept all the rest of the evening, the entire night, all the next morning, and part of the afternoon! Guess I was exhausted!

Miraculously enough, I have had no pain from the extractions and I think it is safe to assume that I have taken proper care and measure not to acquire a dry socket.

Now, I am back at my favorite place in the world, besides a Metallica concert, and am not missing a beat. I have auctions to help run, contests to judge, contests to create and contests to join! I even went through all my email folders and deleted stuff that was almost 2 years old in an attempt to free up some space. I was somewhat successful, but still have quite a few more that need to be trashed.

In the midst of all of this excitement, I have lost 4 lbs!!!!!!!!! WOOOO HOOOIE, ME!!! I am on a mission to get down to at least 135 from this whopping 153. I was 157 just two days ago! And, no, I am not starving myself. I am eating little amounts of food all throughout the day. And slimfast. Only, I make my own and chop the serving sizes in half. I am very proud of myself. Only 18 more pounds to go! I have placed the digital scales right smack dab in the middle of the kitchen so I have to trip over it if I go to get something to snack on! It serves as a constant reminder to grab some raw broccoli instead of ramen noodles or brownies!

All in all, a very productive week that I am more than satisfied with!

© Copyright 2009 Kristi (UN: kristilove at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kristi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/670285-What-A-Week