*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/672389-ace-of-cups
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1211684
My blog--I pull a card--if it doesn't speak to me...perhaps it is for you?
#672389 added October 19, 2009 at 11:08am
Restrictions: None
ace of cups
ace of cups

This is a lovely card to begin a new week. I was web surfing and came across Rob Brezny's Free Will Astrology site. My horoscope for this week is one of success and removal of the obstacles and negativity that have been plaguing me lately. There has definitely been a clearing and a lightness of mood, recently. The horoscope was accompanied by an image of a chalice---and the words---THE FUTURE. I believe this image is from the Voyager Tarot and corresponds to the Ace of Cups.

During a guided meditation before sleep last night---this symbol arose----in addition to the chalice ---the meditation had suggested a bird to come and carry our dreams----immediatly there arose the image of the Ace of Cups from the Herbal Tarot----a chalice oveerflowing with water, held by a hand coming from the clouds, below a pond, a lotus, and a dove---carrying an olive branch.

The Tarot of Saints tells me that this card represents renewal, forgiveness, and the ability to find the essence of our soul. In the center of our unconcious mind is the sacred gift that represents our true purpose. And that was the essence of last night's meditation----finding our soul purpose and manifesting it in this world.

I chose the above image though because it is not so mystical and esoteric. It is simple, warm, comforting and a bit whimsical.

This card is a chalice overflowing------today I am acknowledging the love and abundance I have right here and now in my life. This card is a warm simple cup of tea----shared with friends and family.

I recently finished a most wonderful audio CD----The Maytrees by Annie Dillard. It is a novel , but her language is so rich the book often reads as poetry. It is a simple, rich tale of love, domestic life, caring. I long to be Lou Maytree living by the sea in Provincetown....

In contrast, I am also reading The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown----not so simple a tale, not such a rich and poetic writer. I'm enjoying this book more than The DaVinci Code, though that was a good story. I am intrigued to see where he goes with his development of Noetic Science, the Masons, and the ultimate secret of the universe.

It is easy to feel light and enlivened this week. Today is a New Moon....and SW Florida has turned cool. The humidity has disappeared, we are in the high 70's and the 50's at night. I can fling open my windows and turn off the A/C----on the road-----my top is down----and I have cranked up Van Morrison, John Coltrane, Joan Baez on the CD player. The younger set with their rap music ain't got nothin' on this ragtop granny!

It promises to be an excellent week----Today I'm making meatloaf, sweet potatoes, and corn bread. I've decorated the condo in Halloween regalia. My birthday is in 2 weeks. Life is sweet.

Dear reader----may your cup be overflowing this week.

ace of cups




© Copyright 2009 ridinghhood-p.boutilier (UN: ridinghhood at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ridinghhood-p.boutilier has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/672389-ace-of-cups