*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/673398-October-is-soon-leaving-us
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1302157
My blogging here
#673398 added October 26, 2009 at 8:43pm
Restrictions: None
October is soon leaving us.
"Drenching rains, heavy mountain snow, thunderstorms, and flood warnings.

Oh October, how we've missed you...

As we drift deeper into autumn, the storms are getting a little more ornery as the Pacific Northwest struts its stuff." That is what was in my email awhile ago from KOMO weather4cast.

To me it sounds like someone was talking about November not October. I had been telling Ron before dinner that I dreaded November coming. Even though my birthday is in November, I still think of it as ...well just the worst month ever ...as far as WEATHER here in Concrete, Washington goes. One only has to look back on the last three Novembers here to get the drift of the downpours, heavy snowfalls, windstorms and flooding. October is finally acting out her reputation this last week before she leaves us. Even if the storms are on again off again every other day, as has been the case as of late.

We are grabbing an off day coming up Wednesday to go to town and meet up with my cousin Sue & her hubby Bill Schlink at Costco in Burlington. That is a day they will be able to boat to the mainland from Venovi Island where they live. This time of year the weather in the San Juan Islands plays a big part in any navigation to and from as the wind tends to whip through the channels up there.

I am so looking forward to seeing them both. I shall take her my latest Poetry Book. I think she will enjoy it.*Bigsmile*



** Image ID #1333212 Unavailable **



© Copyright 2009 ShiShad (UN: shishad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ShiShad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/673398-October-is-soon-leaving-us