*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/674655-Back-on-Track
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(119)
by Jeff
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1399999
My primary Writing.com blog.
#674655 added November 4, 2009 at 12:29am
Restrictions: None
Back on Track

Today I'm feeling better. I went into the office today (on my own time) to hand off my exit memo and give everyone the opportunity to ask questions, go over anything they had questions about, etc. Although things ended on good terms and they were very impressed and thankful that I gave them such a detailed set of instructions for helping with the transition... I had to fend off the company trying to get me to pay the disconnection fee on my company cell phone, the company trying to get me to pay $800 for my laptop which is only worth $300-$400, deal with the boss being over an hour late to the meeting she set to go over my exit memo, AND refuse the company's request for me to do additional work today while I was in the office (they wanted me to negotiate with a vendor and ship some equipment for them).

But the bottom line is that everything is behind me now. I can finally let everything go and know that no matter what happens now, I left the company with my integrity and my reputation intact. I can truly say that I gave them my best effort and all the tools I could think of to make a smooth transition... and if anything goes wrong for this company in the future (which is practically a given), it won't be because of any oversight, omission, or maliciousness on my part. It's all in their court now.

Most importantly, I feel like a weight has been lifted. I can close out this chapter of my life and move onto the next one. After three days of being distracted and unfocused, I'm back in the NaNoWriMo game. I only wrote 500 words tonight, but I'm starting to feel connected to the story again now that I've freed up the brain space to concentrate on it. My goal is to be caught up by Friday and ahead of schedule by the end of the weekend.

It's onto bigger and better things for me now... and while I'm waiting to resolve the job issue, I plan to write like the wind, get back into a regular exercise regimen, and generally give myself the time and space I need to make myself a priority again.

© Copyright 2009 Jeff (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jeff has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/674655-Back-on-Track