*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/675455-elderkeepers-of-the-fire
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1211684
My blog--I pull a card--if it doesn't speak to me...perhaps it is for you?
#675455 added November 9, 2009 at 2:37pm
Restrictions: None
elderkeepers of the fire
I pulled from the Haindl Tarot---Father of Wands in the East--King of Wands. This card is represented by an illustration of Brahma. But today, I am resonating more strongly with the Elder of Fire from Joana Powell Colbert's Gaian Tarot.

elder of fire

She is a fitting image for the end of this Octave of All Souls--the eve of St. Martinmas Day--when bonfires are lit to celebrate the traditional end of harvest.

This woman is a healer, a curandero, behind her is an altar for Los Dios de Muertes----I love her bundle of burning sacred herbs----smudging away negativity, bringing in sweet smelling positivity.

Though she is an elder--her gaze is steady and strong--her arms are strong and muscular, she sits kneeling and cross-legged--physically strong and unhampered.

This is the crone, the elder I want to be.

Synchronistically, I learned today that my nephew Brett Denney has made the US Olympic Ski Team and will be competing in Vancouver in the Nordic Combined event. As part of the Olympic theme--Vancouver is incorporating indigenous, aboriginal peoples to carry the Olympic Torch and to be flame keepers.

The Elder of Fire speaks to my heart and soul--to carry the torch of love, light and hope--and of experience---to carry on sacred traditions, to remain strong and carry sweet smoke wherever I go.

Blessings!

© Copyright 2009 ridinghhood-p.boutilier (UN: ridinghhood at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ridinghhood-p.boutilier has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/675455-elderkeepers-of-the-fire