*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/677337-Strength
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1211684
My blog--I pull a card--if it doesn't speak to me...perhaps it is for you?
#677337 added November 23, 2009 at 1:24pm
Restrictions: None
Strength
This week-end I was using every oracle I own----well--more or less---to make a decision about accepting a new job position I was offered.

On Friday from the Haindl Tarot---I pulled the Strength card----divinatory meaning:inner strength,love and gentleness, confidence, and the ability to give love.

One of the things holding me back from accepting the position is lack of confidence in my own abilities. But this is a position as a Memory Care Director in a small Alzheimer's unit. Working with people with dementia is my passion and calling. This card tells me to have strength, to be confident, to go forward with the love and the knowledge that I have to care for these special people.

The I Ching tangram 45 was about joining in, gathering, integration. The moving line was Uncertain about joining in, have no fear

From the Sabian Symbols I pulled Capricorn 8 "birds singing in the house happily"----being at one with everything, the promise of contentment, faith in the good things of life, positive thinking.

Certainly not a bad omen in the bunch. I also consulted Rob Breszny's free astrology site and received a positive horoscope there.


So.....I spoke with trusted friends, my supportive spouse, and....I've accepted the new position and will start in 2 weeks. Turned in my resignation today at my current job. Things have not been good there, and there is a current thread of distrust, coercion, ill-feeling.

My new employer's first words were, "I think you will be happy here...."

I am a loyal, dedicated, conscientious employee....some happiness in the workplace would be a refreshing change.

So off I go again.

Blogging may be slowing down because of new commitments. I'm also participating in the Defining Poetry contest. "Defining Poetry: Contest
emerin-liseli has created a contest that is truly a learning experience---and I'm treating it as such.
Much time and thought has been put into this contest and I appreciate her efforts.

If you are so moved to check out my entries for the contest--they are kept here:
Defining Poetry  (13+)
entries for the contest Defining Poetry
#1618590 by ridinghhood-p.boutilier


Gentle reader...may you have a blessed and healing Thanksgiving. I'll be working through the holiday...but hope to be able to spend a late dinner with family. Blessings to all!


© Copyright 2009 ridinghhood-p.boutilier (UN: ridinghhood at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ridinghhood-p.boutilier has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/677337-Strength